Pixar: Are the glory days over?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I seriously hope that this is just another example of how anybody can just edit Wikipedia with whatever false and phony information there is, because at the moment, they're describing the plot for TOY STORY 4 as an "epic adventure" of Woody and Buzz setting out to find Bo Peep.

All I can say to that is "really"?

And having Rashida Jones listed as one of the writers doesn't make much sense either: since when did she start working for Pixar? Isn't she busy with her own show on TBS?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah Snowth, where've you been man? We've known that TS4 is going to be Woody setting out to find and reunite with Bo Peep for ages now. Though they swapped it with Cars 3 in terms of release dates, it'd make more sense to have TS4 as the big summer blockbuster movie to be followed the next year by Cars 3, then The Incredibles 2 the year after that. :batty:

Whatevs, I'm just waiting till Coco this November. :scary:

mr3urious

Reaction score
And the creators did say that it would be a standalone sequel rather than act as a continuation of the beautifully conclusive 3rd. So to me, that's a little more re-assuring.

And Bo Peep's absence seems like a logical story to work with. Definitely more so than Buzz getting recalled back to Taiwan and Woody meeting a bunch of other misfit toys along the way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah Snowth, where've you been man?
Trying to avoid whatever news blurbs there are about TS4 and pretend it doesn't happen, since it would only damage and jeopardize Pixar's credibility at this point.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Trying to avoid whatever news blurbs there are about TS4 and pretend it doesn't happen, since it would only damage and jeopardize Pixar's credibility at this point.
TS4 probably would have worked better as a half-hour Valentine's Day special, like with the Halloween and Christmas ones. However, giving them the benefit of a doubt, maybe they decided a feature-length film would give them more time to develop the story.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah, but don't you remember?

From "We're Doing A Sequel"
:smile: We're doing a sequel, yeah, the studio wants more.
:concern: While they wait for Tom Hanks to make Toy Story 4.

As soon as I heard that line the first time when watching the movie at the multiplex, I told my friend that such a line was no idle threat.
You knew that TS4 "WOULD" be made, eventually.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Unfortunately that's the down side to having a big franchise like Toy Story. Even if they've wrapped up the story, there's still the danger that they'll probably get another sequel or reboot 10-20 years down the line. Case in point- Shrek 5, the upcoming Matrix reboot, the Star Wars sequels, the Indiana Jones franchise etc. I wouldn't be too surprised if the found a way to make another ET movie within the next decade.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lest we forget Zemeckis has been dying to do a Roger Rabbit sequel all these years, and still plans to do it, even if it's CGI.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Lest we forget Zemeckis has been dying to do a Roger Rabbit sequel all these years, and still plans to do it, even if it's CGI.
He threatened a Yellow Submarine remake at one time when his animation studio was still around. If that failed to make it past the planning stage, I don't see how Roger Rabbit 2 would be any different.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Pixar's got three original films planned for 2020 and 2021, one of which will be about two teenage boys searching for their long-lost father in a "suburban fantasy" world where magic had long fallen out of favor and its denizens use machines instead.

This should be pleasing to anyone who feels that Pixar isn't doing anything "original" anymore.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/ant-man-sequel-incredibles-2-release-dates-disney-1201570867/

http://mashable.com/2017/07/14/d23-pixar-movie-magical-suburbia/#nQ6BG3kjwqqm