Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Awww, there sure is some love around here, hehe!

Skye

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more, Marty.

After all, the Beatles were right... "All you need is love...!" :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
On a new point of discussion note I just thought Caroline about the way the goat is used in his appearance at the end. I know well from other episodes of TMS that he was essentially just as human like as any of the pigs, having a body with arms, legs and even human hands like them. As far as I remember though there never seemed to be any more than just the one goat on the series. I don't recall seeing two or more of them in any sketch.

But I slightly digress. My point is that it was a very clever touch that they only revealed him as far down as the neck at the end of the sketch. It definitely gives the suggestion that he is truly an ordinary animal goat on all fours who was biting through the rope with his teeth and butting them to their death, doesn't it?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And I can also see him determinedly digging his front and back hooves into the ground as he shoves with his horns to dislodge the boulders. Must have been quite an effort assuming he really was alone. As we discussed before he may have gotten a couple of friends to help him behind the scenes for the Happy Wanderer sketch. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
That was indeed a really clever touch to just show him from the neck up. Gave the audience an awesome illuuuusion that he was a normal goat... well, as normal as a Muppet goat can be, of course! :big_grin:

It really would've been a lot of work for him to do alone. If he was determined enough with those singin' pigs disrupting him, I'll bet he could've done it, though! :wink: Hehe, but you bet, I love the idea of him getting his little evil goat friends to help him! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
That was indeed a really clever touch to just show him from the neck up. Gave the audience an awesome illuuuusion that he was a normal goat... well, as normal as a Muppet goat can be, of course! :big_grin:
Yes that and having him say "Baaaaa" four times in the form of his laugh. Him not saying any words but making a similar sound to a goat's bleating was a positive realistic touch indeed.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
It really would've been a lot of work for him to do alone. If he was determined enough with those singin' pigs disrupting him, I'll bet he could've done it, though! :wink: Hehe, but you bet, I love the idea of him getting his little evil goat friends to help him! :big_grin:
True. I remember when you suggested three goats to kill the three pigs.
Perhaps he and one of his friends worked together to bite through the rope and knock off the first piggy simultaneously.
Then their other friend took a substitute turn while the other went up ahead to get the boulders ready.
After killing the second piggy they joined their companion to force the avalanche upon their last victim.
They did at that way so they could all have a hand in the leader's death. And they could have just crushed them all at once but like professional sadistic murderers they wanted to make their victims fret and suffer as much as possible. Genuine evil goats indeed, are they not?:wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Yes that and having him say "Baaaaa" four times in the form of his laugh. Him not saying any words but making a similar sound to a goat's bleating was a positive realistic touch indeed.
Absolutely. Actually, I think him saying "Baaa" in that way was really cute, hehe! And realistic too, you bet. Maybe what the audience might expect from him, too... at least "Baaa"-ing, ya know? Hadn't thought about that before!

Haha, aahhh yes, genuine indeed! :wink: That's a good plan of yours, and would definitely work. Poor little piggies! But a good evil plan you've thought up. And thought up by the nicest evil goat around... gotta say, I'm surprised, Marty! :wink: I do like how you had them all come together for the leader's death... they sure did all haveta go for that one!