Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thank you so much Marty and Michelle! We had such a fantabulous time being together, spending time together and just enjoying each others company!We had such an incredible and joyous time together. It was really sad to have to leave each other again, however. I miss her so much.:flirt:

I guess it all has to be in good taste. It's never really funny if a male hurts or does damage to a female. But it's way funnier if a female clocks a male on the other hand. But it depends how it done. If a mail accidentally does harm to a female, depending on how it's done, it can come off as funny. It's never really funny to see someone get hurt, but when a Muppet of a cartoon/comic strip character gets hurt, it can be very funny. It someone it being hurt in a comedic way, it can be made to be funny. But depending on how a female is being hurt can really affect if it's funny or not. There's just a natural impulse that instantly reacts in a female is getting hurt that makes you more worried of fearful for that person if she hurts herself or becomes hurt, you know? It happened more often then a male. If tow females are casing harm to each other, it can be used in comedic situations. But that's sort of how I feel on the subject.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm briefly online to check on this thread. Thank you for your insight into my question William. I can see that it all makes perfect sense and I'm sure that Caroline would agree with your thoughts as well basically.

I'll comment a bit more when I can get back online regularly and keep the Piol flowing strongly. :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I just had a look at the picture linked to at the start of your thread cgf and I loved it. Sweetums and a gnome seated at a bar is so cute. When I get back online regularly again I'll read the whole thread and comment inside it. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Maaaarty! It's awesome to see you makin' appearances around here! :big_grin: And soon you'll be back for good!

I definitely do agree with what William said regarding the violence conversation, also. It makes a lot of sense for it to depend on the certain situation, as it can be done in a comedic way. But with things like this, the situation always can make an important difference. And it's kinda cute cause it seems like we all pretty much feel the same way about the subject, which is awesome. And I think it's a very sweet viewpoint, also.

I look forward to you getting back here again full-time, Marty! :smile: Ahhh yes, and something we haven't seen much of around here recently... Piol! :big_grin:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Maaaarty! It's awesome to see you makin' appearances around here! :big_grin: And soon you'll be back for good!

I definitely do agree with what William said regarding the violence conversation, also. It makes a lot of sense for it to depend on the certain situation, as it can be done in a comedic way. But with things like this, the situation always can make an important difference. And it's kinda cute cause it seems like we all pretty much feel the same way about the subject, which is awesome. And I think it's a very sweet viewpoint, also.

I look forward to you getting back here again full-time, Marty! :smile: Ahhh yes, and something we haven't seen much of around here recently... Piol! :big_grin:

yes everone i totally agree for the fact that the comitc way can make a difference . I totally agree with that so much . Also the way Caroline about the fact that of what the situation as well .

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It someone it being hurt in a comedic way, it can be made to be funny. But depending on how a female is being hurt can really affect if it's funny or not. There's just a natural impulse that instantly reacts in a female is getting hurt that makes you more worried of fearful for that person if she hurts herself or becomes hurt, you know? It happened more often then a male.
I do agree that it seems far more natural to worry over females getting hurt or killed as in the context of our sketch William.
No wonder I feel sorrier for the characters in the female version even though I made the idea up myself.:smirk:

Maybe my feelings were suppressed as an imaginative child eh?
I never even felt sorry for the characters in the original version until the last couple of years. I guess their sweet charm must have finally broke the ice with me.:wink:

But seriously I can understand why the sketch might have proven far less popularly received the way I love to imagine it. Far less people are likely to be put off by the fate of the male piggies. Thank you Caroline and William for your participation in this debate and I'll have a new one very soon.:big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
No wonder I feel sorrier for the characters in the female version even though I made the idea up myself.
Lol... ahhh Marty, what are we gonna do with you? :wink:

Maybe my feelings were suppressed as an imaginative child eh?
I never even felt sorry for the characters in the original version until the last couple of years. I guess their sweet charm must have finally broke the ice with me.

But seriously I can understand why the sketch might have proven far less popularly received the way I love to imagine it. Far less people are likely to be put off by the fate of the male piggies. Thank you Caroline and William for your participation in this debate and I'll have a new one very soon.
Well, I never really felt sorry for the characters either because you know that they always turn out to be ok... even if Beauregard forgot to put out that silly mattress! :wink: It's funny, though, how those piggies work for us... they sure are awesome!

But absolutely, I think our combined opinions can definitely help explain why the public may not enjoy our re-written sketch as much as they enjoyed the original. William did a much better job of explaining his feelings about it than I did, hehe, but it's certainly something we all can agree on, it seems. It does make a lot of sense. You're very welcome, Marty! And I definitely look forward to the next debate you start up for us! :big_grin: