People on seasme street. (80-86)

TidusEstar

Reaction score
I hope I don't offend anybody with the question I'm about to ask because it's the only way I can ask it. Can anybody tell me what happend to the Africian American lady who could sing real pretty, and the sign lunagaue lady and what were thier names? Thanks

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Well, two African-American women were on SS. One of them, Susan (Gordon's wife) still appears on SS, but not very often. The other one, Olivia (Gordon's sister), left in 1986 when Alaina Reed (the actress who portrayed her) left to join the cast of 227.

ssetta

Reaction score
The sign language lady's name is Linda, played by Linda Bove. She really is deaf, and like Susan, she does still appear on the show, but very rarely.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Susan has made another one of her rare appearances! She's in the new Elmo's World video about the upcoming holiday season. There's a pic of her, Gordon (Roscoe Orman) and Miles (Imani Patterson) in traditional African attire on the back of the box. They're in the special to discuss Kwanzaa.

I must say, though, Loretta hasn't aged too well. =(

TidusEstar

Reaction score
THANKS! :smile:

So THAT'S where I saw her. I remeber seeing Oliva on 227. Makes sense now, I thought it was Seasme street. Thanks, cause after all these years, I was thinking about my childhood and I rememberd them. :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I think lately Linda got overshadowed by that lady on "The West Wing," Marley Mattie, I think her name is. She seems to be the most famous deaf lady on TV anymore.

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Nevertheless, all roads lead back to the Street...

Useless Fact: Marlee Matlin appeared on the show in the late 80s, accompanying Billy Joel in sign language to perform "Just The Way You Are" for Oscar.

That is Marlee Matlin on "West Wing", right? I rarely watch the show.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by TidusEstar
I hope I don't offend anybody with the question I'm about to ask because it's the only way I can ask it.
you don't HAVE to be so "PC". just say "Can anybody tell me what happend to the Africian American lady who...." or you can even say "Can anybody tell me what happend to the black lady who..."

i wouldn't mind if someone said "What's the name of that white kid who....."

it's not like your saying the 'n' word or anything

roadrat15

Reaction score
Does anyone have that early SS album feauring just Susan singing? Can anyone tell me about it.