Penguins or rats?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Hey, guys, don't forget sheep, cows, and pigs!!!

I Love the sheep

I told my Wife that if she doesn't stop stealing my pillows i'm calling the Sheep and will sing her out the door

Just Like When Erine sang The Buggie Wuggie Shuffle (sp?) and bert was carried away outside when he was sleeping

Gonzo14

Reaction score
it also happened in "Dance Myself to Sleep"

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
it also happened in "Dance Myself to Sleep"

thats what i meant the "Boggie Woogie" was i think a sheep dance with Hoots and Ernie

BEAR

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
thats what i meant the "Boggie Woogie" was i think a sheep dance with Hoots and Ernie
In "Dance Myself to Sleep" Ernie called them the Boogie Woogie Sheep.

Oldiesmann

Reaction score
While the "Well excuuuuuuse us for living!!!!!" line in Muppets Take Manhattan is hilarious, I have to go with the rats, because they were all given individual personalities and were always up to something (for instance, in Muppet Treasure Island, Rizzo turned the treasure hunt into a cruise trip for rats and was making a profit off of it). Plus, there's this hilarious scene (also from Muppet Treasure Island):

(After brandy is thrown out of the cabin window for the third time):
(Female rat screams)
(Male rat, accompanied by two female rats) "Hey, will you knock it off with the booze? You're peeling the paint off the shuffleboard court!"

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Thats hard, But I think I prefer the penguins. Though I do love it in MTM when the rats do their song in the kitchen. its hilarious

Xerus

Reaction score
Penguins are one of my favorite animals, but I also like how the Muppet rats did things as well.

What I thought was interesting was when Rizzo first apperared on the Muppet Show, he was basically a silent character whenever he was with the Muppet gang. He only seemed to talk whenever there were other rats around. I guess back then, Rizzo didn't feel comfortable speaking unless his rat buddies were around to give him support.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
:zany: all the way; hands down. Think about it:
• Here at MC, do you see any rat smileys?
• Penguins have a whole movie about them! You'll never see the star power of Morgan Freeman narrate a documentary about rats!
• Penguins wear tuxes, rats wear wife-beaters
• Penguins are acrobatic, can form an orchestra pit, carry cue cards :wink: , and perform large choral numbers. Rats can barely cook and usually gross everyone out.

I think the choice is obvious.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
• Penguins are acrobatic, can form an orchestra pit, carry cue cards :wink: , and perform large choral numbers.
Thanks Vic! That made me laugh!

*A penguin runs in with a cue card that reads "Laughter"*

And no, he didn't tell me to laugh.

:zany: Penguins all the way!:zany:

Oh, and another point Vic missed was that there was only one rat character made into an action figure, but the penguins got themselves a two-pack!

BEAR

Reaction score
I feel the penguins had more of a presence and always stole the scene in the movies and stuff. The rats never really had the same pizazz, except for Rizzo. I think that the rats are only cool because of how cool Rizzo makes them.