Overrated TV shows

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only reason I'm not giving the Mouse House the one finger salute is because they own the Muppets and have been treating them well.
HA!

That's one of the reasons TO give them the one-finger salute. They haven't been treating the Muppets well, if they have, they wouldn't keep shelving project after project, and continuously build up our hopes with empty promises.

We got MWoO, the viral videos, miniscule merchandising, various talkshow appearances and that's it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I'll believe that we will get The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made when I actually see it's in theaters.

Mupp

Reaction score
Most reality shows. I don't see the appeal, plus it's false advertising (If you really think what's on screen is real, you need help).
Exactly, all reality shows follow a "script" to guide things.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Family Guy

and this is more sidenote but when did History channel stop show History related programs whats with all these axmen and swamp loggers..i want my historical related programs

Drtooth

Reaction score
Spongebob also gets my vote. It had its moments, but let's face it, the only reason it's still around is because it's a corporate cashcow and it went the way of Captain Impressive, only around to sell products. All it does is line Nick's wallets.
Sort of like how I feel with Family Guy, it used to be a smaller scale series that got little or no recognition, and then it became so popular it's all they were about. Other than Rugrats, they never had a cartoon so successful it was still running 10 years later. Even their more successful cartoons they wind up sliding to the side. But it is indeed a cash cow. And it really should find it's ending soon. Plus, they GOTTA have more up their sleeves... I hear rumors of a FOP movie... but those are so rumory, I'm not going to look into them.

That said, AAAH Real Monsters and Angry beavers are both UNDERrated.

Most shows on Disney Channel, more importantly, Hannah Montana and Jonas. Again, they're cashcows and Disney will milk them bone dry, much to the dismay of classic Disney fans like myself. The only reason I'm not giving the Mouse House the one finger salute is because they own the Muppets and have been treating them well.
I wasn't going to say anything or even bring them up. I find the shows not only overrated, but they were so overrated that they sent shockwaves through the children's television industry basically saying, "Hey Kids! Cartoons are for kids! You're no longer kids... you're rushing to be grown ups. Now watch these incredibly juvenile sitcoms like grown ups would." Hanna Montana is the reason Cartoon Network doesn't want to run cartoons anymore. I personally hate the shows, but others do enjoy it unfortunately. They have the right to exist, sure... not the right to basically Wal*Mart the competition to death. Again, CN turned into a junk channel of terrible movies, Funimation was screwed out of letting their One Piece dub (and there was such drama about them getting it... I don't even blame 4Kids. It was all Toei's fault), Chowder and the rest got early pink slips... now they want MORE live action trash on the network? FEH!

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
According to Jim. What is Jim's character's appeal, and how would he have ended up with a woman like Courtney Thorne-Smith?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
HA!

That's one of the reasons TO give them the one-finger salute. They haven't been treating the Muppets well, if they have, they wouldn't keep shelving project after project, and continuously build up our hopes with empty promises.

We got MWoO, the viral videos, miniscule merchandising, various talkshow appearances and that's it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I'll believe that we will get The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made when I actually see it's in theaters.
What about Muppets: Letters to Santa, three seasons of the Muppet show on DVD, and more Muppet merchadise than you can shake a stick at (including the AWESOME Boom Studios Comic Books)? I'll grant one that it took Disney a loooong time to do good things with the Muppets, but as of now, I would say Disney has done A LOT more with the Muppets than the Henson Company has been doing since 1999's Muppets from Space pretty much bomb.

I would say the whole "projects being shelved" thing could be (in some cases) a blissing of sorts. I'm sorry, but I really wasn't too crazy for the idea of "America's Next Muppet."

According to Jim. What is Jim's character's appeal, and how would he have ended up with a woman like Courtney Thorne-Smith?
I always wonder about things like that too. It's not excatly "something new" on TV. After all the 1950s' Honeymooners, how on earth did Ralph get such a hottie like Alice being overweight and working as a bus driver? In the last perhaps 20 years of TV though, it's gotten pretty out of hand with the "overweight kind of dumpy, bit dim witted with the low end job" get the "super model of a hottie wife." That's been the case with "According to Jim," "King of Queens" and "Grounded for Life," ALL DUMPY GUYS ALL HOTT WIFES. Heck I would even say that's the case with animation shows have done that as well the Flintstones (well aware that it was based on the Honeymooners) both Fred and Barney married out of their legue (I would say especially Barney, since Betty Rubble is a hot animated hottie), The Simpsons and Family Guy as well.

Mupp

Reaction score
I would say the whole "projects being shelved" thing could be (in some cases) a blissing of sorts. I'm sorry, but I really wasn't too crazy for the idea of "America's Next Muppet."
Ditto.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing that completely blows my mind is how it kept being renewed over and over and over. Especially when it just kept coming back as a mid-season replacement for at least 3 years, and they ran all the episodes at once. And we all know when you run all the episodes at once that means you're trying to get rid of them.

In fact all of the 2000 era ABC family sitcoms sucked. My Wife and Kids, Hope and Faith.... they were just the WORST and a shallow attempt at bringing back the 1980's style family sitcom. I gotta admit, I didn't hate George Lopez's show.

But According to Jim... that's yet another reason to be angry that his more talented brother threw his life away on drugs. I don't really have all that much against Jim Belushi... though I wonder why he keeps getting work. But that show... I'm glad that someone brought up the Honeymooners. That show was an uncreative clone with kids. I have to admit, I really like King of Queens. But that's because Patton Oswalt and Jerry Stiller stole the show.

SillyRed

Reaction score
I was outraged when I saw that Spongebob dethrowend Rugrats of their popularity!