Overrated TV shows

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I have noticed in a lot of little kids shows these days like The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Go Diego Go! Jungle Junction, and Secret Agent Oso, they have the characters constantly interrupting the story asking the kids at home for help.
i think thats done way to much these days...ive also notived and feel that Dora takes way to long during said break..my nephew responds 5 times before she says right or something

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have noticed in a lot of little kids shows these days like The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Go Diego Go! Jungle Junction, and Secret Agent Oso, they have the characters constantly interrupting the story asking the kids at home for help.
It's the worst movement in children's television, and I completely and utterly disagree with it, and I wish wish wish someone would denounce it by now. I find it very patronizing. I find myself saying "Mickey doesn't need this!" I'm sure everyone would find MMC to be a lot more enjoyable if they DIDN'T need to constantly ask the audience for help.

You know, that's what I love about Abby's Flying Fairy school. They interrupt the story to ask questions to EACH OTHER! Revolutionary. It gives kids problem solving concepts without having to appear interactive when you can't really be answered back. Plus, Curious George doesn't need to do it, and it's a very high rated and popular show with the same age group.

To get back on the thread, I find this fake interactive kid's programming phenomenon completely overrated AND patronizing AND begging to be discredited.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Anything on the Disney Channel

I hate to say it. I'm a DUDE and I watch that stinky garbage and LIKE IT. Please don't kill me... pleeeeeaassee.. I think that whole 'Have a Laugh' bit (for those who've seen it.) will break Mickey back to kick Hannah Montana's country bumpkin booty for sure! 'BLAM!' (a sports commentary mock up for the 'fails' in classic Disney Cartoons, like 'The Art of Skiing.), Re-Micks (Classic cartoons paired up with modern music, like Jonas Brothers' 'Play My Music' or Black Eyed Peas' 'I Gotta Feelin'') and just the plain old airing of classic cartoons (edited for time, of course.) during commercial breaks is great.

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! 1.21 GIGAWATTS! -Doc Brown
Am I weird, or is it you. Maybe it's you...

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I hate to say it. I'm a DUDE and I watch that stinky garbage and LIKE IT. Please don't kill me... pleeeeeaassee.. I think that whole 'Have a Laugh' bit (for those who've seen it.) will break Mickey back to kick Hannah Montana's country bumpkin booty for sure! 'BLAM!' (a sports commentary mock up for the 'fails' in classic Disney Cartoons, like 'The Art of Skiing.), Re-Micks (Classic cartoons paired up with modern music, like Jonas Brothers' 'Play My Music' or Black Eyed Peas' 'I Gotta Feelin'') and just the plain old airing of classic cartoons (edited for time, of course.) during commercial breaks is great.

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! 1.21 GIGAWATTS! -Doc Brown
Am I weird, or is it you. Maybe it's you...
I haven't really watched Disney Channel all that much, although I love the "Re-Micks" (especially the "Another One Bites the Dust" one), "BLAM!", and "Have a Laugh" segments. When I agreed with the statement in question, I was mostly talking about the newer shows rather than those shorts.

And all this about these older skits reminds me that it would be nice to see House of Mouse being re-aired. I haven't seen it since what seems like forever, and I don't remember much other than how much I enjoyed it when I was, like, 4 or 5.

Drtooth

Reaction score
When it comes to it for me, I really have to say, these shows do have a right to be popular, but not so popular that nothing else can compete, and nothing else can air. It sounds great that they're trying to intergrate Mickey and the Disney characters into their programming... just wish that they'd take the time to air some of their movies now and again.

And Mouseworks/ House of Mouse NEEDS to be constantly run. Best Mickey stuff I've seen yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
*raises hand* Um...youngster here: What is Mouseworks? :confused:
Before House of Mouse, it was a series of new shorts featuring Mickey Mouse. Essentially the same style and cast of the cartoons, only there's just cartoon shorts and no linking material. They may have reused some MW shorts in HoM, but I can't really remember, and I never got to see them all that much due to my lame ABC affiliate.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
M*A*S*H

All in the Family

Bewitched

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

The Beverly Hillbillies

Friends

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Before House of Mouse, it was a series of new shorts featuring Mickey Mouse. Essentially the same style and cast of the cartoons, only there's just cartoon shorts and no linking material. They may have reused some MW shorts in HoM, but I can't really remember, and I never got to see them all that much due to my lame ABC affiliate.
Oh, okay. Thanks.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Spelling Mistake

I meant to say 'bring Mickey back' NOT break Mickey back, sorry.
OOOHHHH, I HATE when I mess up.

SORRY THERE WILL BE NO QUOTE FROM BACK TO THE FUTURE, AS I HAVE NO REASON TO POST THIS CORRECTION
See? I AM weird. Or is it you again?