Oscar acting out of Character?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would post these on the Youtube thread, but I feel these clips warrent their own discussion...

Oscar and Ernie trade Desserts

In this segment, Oscar actually comes in and gives Bert and Ernie ice cream cones-no tricks attatched- because they were handing them out at Hoopers. He seems very friendly, dispite he is obviously up to his old habits, eating Grouchy Foods.

Ernie Loses his Rubber Duckie

this time, Oscar lends a helping hand to Ernie by replacing his favorite toy. He actually cringes to the fact Ernie is crying (I'd suspect him to relish it for a second and then try to calm him down), and even pics something up for him at the store.

Now, I know Oscar has his bits of reluctant sweetness from time to time (mostly with Slimey), I'm surpirse he didn't make any cracks in either skit. Any other instances of Oscar being totally out of character?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score

You can tell from Oscar's fluffier face, his lighter-green tint.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I don't think that Oscar is acting out of character anymore. I admit I was a little surprised when he helped Ernie find his Rubber Duckie. But that's pretty much it!

BEAR

Reaction score
I was watching Muppet Family Christmas last night and noticed a few bits where Oscar seemed a little out of character.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I also think that Oscar was just a little less Grouchy when he was on the Sally Messy Yuckyael Show. 1st off, Oscar began to enjoy the little kitten that he found when it was chasin of ball a yarn all over his trash can & he missed that little cat when he was finally rid of her! But other than that, Oscar still truly is the greatest Grouch ever born to me!:grouchy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's one skit where Ernie observes a blackout, and decides to call somebody about it, and the voice on the other line sounds like Oscar, who says "Who is this? I'll make sur eyou don't get any sleep for a whole week!" I think it's out of character for Oscar to not want to be disturbed late at night (then again, he might be more than happy to make sure somebody doens't get any sleep). But that's assuming it was meant to be Oscar, and not Caroll Spinney using the same voice.

FatBlueMuppet

Reaction score
Originally Oscar's charachter hadn't been truly evolved yet. To show him acting nicely and liking things he would later hate like Ice Cream cones was probably just one of the things they looked past at the beggining before they made him a fulltime "grouch" who wouldn't say please, thank you, etc.....

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Aside from him sharing his trash can w/ Rizzo the Rat since he never had a rat in his trash can before I saw no other parts where Oscar was actin outta character.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Oscar did seem a little different then. Grouches normally just take things that they want not trade them. I don't get it.