Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneydudette

Reaction score
so excited!

I am getting a whatnot for christmas from my mom...we ordered it 2 days ago...I am also getting one for my boyfriend. I am sooo excited...its so hard not to tell him about it though, lol :halo: I am sooo excited!

Mine

My Boyfriend's

P.S...I am new to muppet central!:insatiable:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
twasbrillig12,

Great piccys, thanks for sharing them with us.

I am coming to NY in two weeks and will definetly be visiting FAO, I was wandering if I may need to email them to ask them to keep back a few bits that I will need to make my puppet, Id hate it if they sold out? Do you think this is necessary, or did they have loads of each item?

Do they make them while you wait?

Do they insist that all parts MUST be stuck on, Id rather take the parts away with me and take my time to add them myself?

Chris

twasbrillig12

Reaction score
Np Chris. They seem to keep all of the parts in the back and it didn't seem like they were running low on anything. FAO can get very crowded as the day goes on, so I'd advise visiting as early in the day possible. I went half an hour after opening on a Saturday and didn't have to wait at all to make the muppet. There were crowds of people hovering in the area, but they seemed more interested in what the whole thing was than waiting on line for one.

They give you a sheet to fill out and explain the whole process. I asked to keep my parts separate and they said it was no problem (made it easier for them!). It did take a little longer than I thought it would to get all the pieces together (like 10 mins) but I guess they have to root around in the back for pieces.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Hey

I am not sure if they will hold pieces for you. You can call and tell them your situation about visiting.

Yes, they do make your muppet while you wait.

I'm not sure if they would allow you to take home the pieces for you to put them together yourself.

Hope this helps.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
They give you a sheet to fill out and explain the whole process. I asked to keep my parts separate and they said it was no problem (made it easier for them!).

Thanks for the quick responses, so does this mean that you were able to take the pieces away and they did not glue or stitch them on, as I am hoping to get two puppets, I will be able to mix and match the bits to make several characters?

Less than two weeks to go, of course there is so much more to look forward to about going to NYC!

Chris

Oscarfan

Reaction score
For anyone who has one, how large are the puppets?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has one, how large are the puppets?
I haven't measured Toadie yet, but here are some images I snapped that shows his ratio to MR's posers. My hands are a bit on the smaller size and they fit the whatnots just fine. The one note I would have is their torsos are rather short so if professionally performing these a puppeteer would need to create some sort of sleeve for his lower half.

twasbrillig12

Reaction score
Yeah, I got the blue whatnot and it measure about 11in from head to end of torso and the arms themselves were also 11in long.

Yes, Chris, they put the pieces separate in their little plastic bags in the backpack with the puppet. Hope you have a great time!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, cant wait to get them.

Chris

Davina

Reaction score
anyone know when they might be coming back online?

Status
Not open for further replies.