Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by the idea of leaving the features off to glue them on myself. Originally I didn't care, but I just keep thinking that I could easily do it and that would eliminate any worry I have over slightly off placement. Has anyone asked for the features left off, in a phone order? I had planned on doing it online, but if they'll let you do it over the phone that would probably be the best way to ask for the features left off.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I am hoping that if I can get my Whatnots without the features glued on, as I am getting two I will be able to swap them around so I can make several characters, like a Whatnot should be! I will probably use Velcro dots to hold them in place and probably wont ever permanently glue them on?

Chris

Jinx

Reaction score
I would not count on velcro holding features onto these puppets very well at all. The polar fleece skin does not have much pile, and hook velcro would not have much to "grab" onto. Even though features might initially stick, once you start manipulating the puppet they'll start flying off.

Pins might be useful, but the eyes might be a little tougher to do.

Wade Alan

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks! I'm a Muppet junkie from way back! It felt like home already.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
anyone know when they might be coming back online?
i went to get mine yesterday, and they said they'd be back online sometime after christmas. i'm wondering if it's to make sure they don't run out of materials, b/c it certainly isn't that they're unpopular--i asked them how many they make every day, and they said only 20 on their off days, and almost 70 on their busier days. that's a lot of whatnots!

question--i got the curly hair, and i'm not sure if that was a good idea...has anyone had a curly hair whatnot long enough for the hair to get messed up, and what do you do to fix it?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I would not count on velcro holding features onto these puppets very well at all. The polar fleece skin does not have much pile, and hook velcro would not have much to "grab" onto. Even though features might initially stick, once you start manipulating the puppet they'll start flying off.

Pins might be useful, but the eyes might be a little tougher to do.
Hey Jinx!

Do you think double-stick tape would work? That's what the Muppets used to use in the olden days.

:stick_out_tongue:

Jinx

Reaction score
Hey, Was Once! Long time no see!

I do imagine that a good double-stick tape would work, although I think that pins would still be best for the wigs, and maybe even the nose. But for the eyes, double-stick tape would probably be the best solution.

Of course a lot of it has to do with how active the puppet is while being manipulated. If the action gets too wild, parts will be likely to go flying at some time or another!

P.S. I'm working with J. Ludin on a play right now. I'll tell him we "chatted"

Status
Not open for further replies.