Opinions: The end of the Muppet line

minor muppetz

Reaction score
now that all figures we know of have been reelased, i thought i'd make a list of opinion questions about the line.

1. who are your top five favorite/ least favorite figures?
2. were any figures better/ worse than you expected?
3. which mega was your favorite/ least favorite?
4. what exclusives were your favorite/ least favorite?
5. what minis are your favorite/ least favorite?
6. what is your favorite/ least favorite playset?
7. what give-away was your favorite/ least favorite?
8. do you own every Muppets release from palisades?
9. do you own every package variations?
10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
11. wat is your favorite/ least favorite repaint?
12. what are your favorite non-pack-in accessories?
13. what is your favorite pack-in figure?
14. who are four characters you wish we could have gotten?
15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?
16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?
17. if you could change one thing about the line, what would it be?

please answer.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
i'll respond to myself

here are my opinions.

minor muppetz said:
my five favoites are Lips, Beauregard, Dr. Phil Van Neuter, Clifford, and lew Zeland. my top five least favorites are Miss Piggy, Usher Scooter, Vacation Fozzie, Floyd Pepper, and Pops.

minor muppetz said:
The Swedish Chef, Link Hogthrob and dr. Strangepork are better than I expected. nobody is worse than I expected.

minor muppetz said:
The only mega I own is mega Animal.

minor muppetz 4. what exclusives were your favorite/ least favorite?[/QUOTE said:
My favorite exclusive that i own is sweetums. My least favorite exclusive I own is vacation fozzie (the only other exclusive I own is vacation pepe). Of the exclusives that I don't own, my favorites are the Jim Henson Muppet, Uncle Deadley, Vanishing Cream Beaker, Koozebane kermit, and Cabin Boys Gonzo and Rizzo. My least favorties that i don't own are vaudville Statler and Waldorf, and Culinary Catastrophe Swedish Chef.

minor muppetz said:
My favortie of the minis is Thog. My least favortie of the minis is Fozziwig (i would have rather had bean Bunny as originally planned for series 2). I don't own any series 3 minis, but of those my favorite is Doglion (followed closely by Beaker) and least favorite is Scooter.

minor muppetz said:
6. what is your favorite/ least favorite playset?[?QUOTE]
My favorite is the swedish chef kitchen. my least favortie is the electric mayhem stage. I don't own the swinetrek or backstage playsets.

minor muppetz said:
I don't own any of the give-aways, but my favorites are White Tux rowlf, Black jacket rizzo, and Holiday Rizzo, and I can't think of a least favorite.

minor muppetz said:
No.

minor muppetz said:
9. do you own every package variations?[?QUOTE]
no.

minor muppetz said:
10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
The Jim Henson Hour. I would have liked a Digit, Leon or Lindberg figure.

minor muppetz said:
My favorite repaint (that i own) is the silver tux Johnny Fiama, andthe only other repaint I own is the zoot repaint.

minor muppetz said:
12. what are your favorite non-pack-in accessories?[?QUOTE]
Rizzos pizza box, Rowlfs piano, Lips' lunchbox and album, Zoots music stand, and the gorrillia detector that came with the muppet labs playset.

minor muppetz said:
Polly Lobster, followed by Gaffer and the Muppaphones.

minor muppetz said:
Seymour The Elephant, Nigel The Director, Mad Monty, and Fleet Scribbler.

minor muppetz said:
15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?
Seymour the Elephant, followed closely by Louis Kazagger.

minor muppetz said:
16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?
oops. i just realized that the last question was similar. oh, well.

minor muppetz said:
That sales would have been better in 2004, justifying more figures.

That Announcer

Reaction score
OK, I'll do this one, too. I love surveys! :smile:

1. Who are your top five favorite/ least favorite figures?

Top five would have to be Janice, Sam the Eagle, Johnny Fiama, Sweetums and Swedish Chef (though not necessarily in that order). Five least favorite would be S1 Piggy, Steppin' Out Fozzie, Rowlf (with the playset), Beauregard and Scooter (S3).

Yep. Usher Scooter was way, way, way better than I expected; the other Scooter and Statler were a bit worse than I expected.

I named Sweetums as a fave figure, so he's my favorite mega. My least favorite would be Animal.

I don't have many exclusives. So I'll say my faves were Tux Gonzo and Jim Henson, as they're the only two I own.

Never collected minis, but from pictures, I'd say that the entire MCC run of minis are my favorites and my least favorites are Gonzo and Piggy.

Favorite would be Pigs in Space. Least favorite is the EM Stage, for the reason that I can't get it. :cry:

Again, never collected giveaways. Again, from pictures I'd say my favorite was Vanishing Cream Beaker, and my least was Invisibility Spray Fozzie.

Certainly not. I only own one thing from the first 3 series, and that would be Lew Zealand.

Nope. I do have the chase Janice, though. Coincidentally, that's my only Janice. EDIT: I also own the Shifty-Eyed Sam, which is also my only Sam. :smile:

I'd say Fraggle Rock. I can only imagine how smokin' a Palisades Boober would have been!

11. what is your favorite/ least favorite repaint?

Favorite would be my chase Janice. Least favorite would be the hideously ugly Silver Lips.

Assuming you mean non-character accessories, I'd say my top five are Chef's musket; Sam's podium; Janice's guitar; Johnny Fiama's picture of himself; and the Newsman's telephone.

Polly Lobster. He's just amazing.

Bobo, Bobo, Bobo and Sal Manila.

Sal, as I think Bobo was planned for '06.

I'd say Wayne.

I can't choose one, so I'll pick three:
1) A "Classic Beaker" included somewhere along the line
2) The red-curtain packaging included with the clamshells
3) Wider distribution of the minis

theprawncracker

Reaction score

Faves: 5. Lew Zealand 4. Pops 3. Penguins 2. S8 Sam Eagle 1. S5 Gonzo

Least: 5. Movie Usher Scooter 4. Dr. Phil van Neuter 3. S2 Gonzo 2. Super Beaker 1. S1 Piggy

The Penguins were much better, S2 Gonzo was worse, as were Bunsen and Beaker.

Fave: Gonzo

Lest: Beaker

Fave: Penguins

Least: Super Beaker

Don't have any.

Fave: Backstage

Least: Muppet Labs

Don't have any.

Nope.

Missing 7, Shifty Sam, Rizzo, Floyd, Zoot, Janice, Silver and Classic Lips.

MWoO

Fave: Brown Lips

Least: Marvin Suggs

Sam's Podium, and Rowlf's piano.

Camilla

Sal, Bean, Bobo, and Classic Piggy

Sal

Muppet Babies

Better sales.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That Announcer said:

Again, never collected giveaways. Again, from pictures I'd say my favorite was Vanishing Cream Beaker, and my least was Invisibility Spray Fozzie.
those are exclusives. Give-aways are stuff that were given away by palisades at certain events, usually conventions, and rarely availible for sale from palisades (I think there have beena few contests for members of the collectors club where members could win a chance to buy certain give-aways). some of the give-aways included Holiday Kermit, Holiday Rizzo (which was also an exclusive; there were two different color schemes, and one of them was exclusive, the other give-away), invisible beaker (similar to vanishing cream beaker, except this one was completely clear), white tux rowlf, dream date gonzo, gold tux gonzo, and wedding of the century kermit and piggy.

rexcrk

Reaction score

Top five (not including exclusives): Swedish Chef, S5 Gonzo, Johnny Fiama, Rizzo, and Lips
Least favorite: Miss Piggy, Usher Scooter, Bunsen, Kermit, S2 Gonzo (whew that was hard, even the ones that weren't my favorites were still good)

No, they were all great, as expected

I don't have any megas

Favorites: Cabin Boy Gonzo/Rizzo, Sweetums, Rainbow Connection Kermit, Uncle Deadly and of course: Jim Henson
Least favorite: none, they're all awesome

I only have the Muppet Christmas Carol ones and they're all great

Favorite: Swedish Kitchen
Least favorite: Pigs in Space (I'm biased 'cause I'm just not that familiar with the Pigs in Space sketch)

I don't have any :cry:

Nope, I don't have Floyd, Fozzie, Animal w/ playset, and Zoot from the regular line, and I only have the variants of Lips and Johnny Fiama, and I'm missing a ton of exclusives.

No, just the ones of Lips and Johnny Fiama (as said before lol)

Was Muppet Christmas Carol in the license for regular figures? If it was they should've made some. If it wasn't then I don't know what else I'd like to be in the line that wasn't covered in the license.

Favorite: Maroon suit Johnny
Least favorite: Silver sparkly Lips

Hmmm... I love the instruments, and Gonzo's cannon is awesome, so is Rowlf's piano

Polly Lobster

BOBO!, Bean Bunny, Sal, and Mahna Mahna

Sal, Johnny's alone, fortunately he's at least got a picture of his buddy

I dunno

That it would've lasted longer :frown:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
A. Faves: Sweetums, S5 Gonzo, S2 Fozzie, S3 Lew Zealand, S9 Sam Eagle
Least Faves: S2 Crazy Harry, S1 Miss Piggy, S9 Fozzie, S8 Phil Van Neuter, S8 Usher Scooter
A. Sweetums and S2 Fozzie are incredible. All pictures posted before their release did them no justice.
A. Gonzo is my favorite, Camilla is my least favorite.
A. Sweetums and the penguins (OMGCNFO). Least: Santa Chef (ebay)
A. Faves: Sam Eagle, Mahna Mahna, Doglion Least Faves: MCC
A. Fave: Backstage Least Fave: Electric Mayhem
A. Gold Tux Gonzo
A. Don't I wish! I'm missing Wedding Kermit/Piggy, Dream Date Gonzo, Mega Animal and Beaker, Holiday Rizzo, Santa Chef, EB Games Piggy, Blue Jacket Rizzo, White Tux Rowlf, WW Dr. Teeth, Zoot and Janice variants, Super Scooter, Vacation Pepe, Vanishing Cream Beaker & Fozzie, a few minis and that's about it (still waiting for my Uncle Deadly's to arrive in the mail).
A. Nope
A. Muppets Take Manhattan, especially the rats.
A. Favorite: Marvin Suggs (fits in nicely with SO figs) Least: Blue Jacket Rizzo: boring!
A. S4 Link's Swinetrek model, S1 Kermit's camera, S3 Rowlf's piano, S2 Crazy Harry's explosives
A. Marvin Suggs' Muppaphones
A. Lewis Kezagger, Jerry and Lou from Lobbuck Lou's Jugband, and Annie Sue
A. Sal Manilla
A. Gobo Fraggle
A. That the license lasted as long as Hasbro's Star Wars line (14 years or something)

Moran9969

Reaction score
1. Who are your top five favorite/ least favorite figures?

Faves no particular order
~ Purple Tux Gonzo
~ Adventure Kermit
~ Pepe
~ Tux Rowlf
~ Janice
Least Faves no particular order
~ Tux Fozzie
~ Piggy series one
~ Lew Zealand
~ Dr Phil Van Neuter
~ Dr Teeth

**** yeah... Tux Fozzie blew big time. The pictures on Palisades looked awesome but the eyes really buggered it up for me when I got the figure.
Better than I expected??? Hmmm I didn't think I'd really like Sam Arrow or Classic Chef, but was pleasantly surprised how much I did like the figures.

I don't own any of the 'regular' mega figures, so I'd have to say Sweetums.

Faves
~ Jim Henson
~ Rainbow Connection Kermit & Robin (in the mail) :big_grin:
~ Vanishing Cream Beaker

I didn't buy any, but liked the look of the Xmas Carol minis.

Fave is a tie between the Kitchen and Electric Mayhem Stage
Least fave is the Muppet Lab

Quite possibly, but no not every Muppet Figure.

Nope... I have the variants for Janice, Floyd, Lips, and Pinstripe Johnny

Muppet Christmas Carol figures!!!

Favorite would be Pinstripe Johnny, and least favorite would Silver Shirt Lips.

Faves eh? All of Robins accessories, Rowlf's piano, Statler & Waldorf's chairs, and Adventure Kermits accessories.

Camilla & Bernice

Bobo, Sal, Baby Kermit and Baby Piggy

The Muppet Babies

I'd like to have seen Ma Bear in a Christmas Farmhouse playset.

A LONGER RUN!!! SO MUCH MORE COULD BE MADE!!! WHY OH WHY???

Even though I'm looking forward to the Sesame Street figures, they will not be the same as my Muppet Figures. I watched a heck of a lot more Muppet Show episodes than I did Sesame Street, and only know the major characters. But I guess I'll have to see once they come out to pass judgement... I waited about a year and a half too late to start collecting Muppet figures when they were cheaper and more available, I don't wanna make history repeat itself.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
package variants

I just wanted to make sure that you people know that by "package variants" I mean a difference in packaging for the same figure. For example, the swedish kitchen playset and mega beaker were both originally released in packaging that resembled the packaging for the first three series (a red curtain background), but then when target sold Muppet products from palisades, target wanted to sell those two items on the condition that the boxes resemble the newer (sky blue background) packaging so that they would have a consistant look. These items were also sold in other stores in the newer packaging as well.

Another example would be series 1 kermit the frog. In addition to being reelased as a regular series 1 figure, this exact figure was a give-away at the first convention that the muppets were for sale at (wher the dr. teeth repaint was sold), and this kermit was exactly the same as the released version, but it was packaged in a lunchbox and didn't come with any accessories.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
rexcrk said:

Was Muppet Christmas Carol in the license for regular figures? If it was they should've made some. If it wasn't then I don't know what else I'd like to be in the line that wasn't covered in the license.
Yes, The Muppet Christmas Carol was included. The Muppet Show, The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Muppet Christmas carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets Tonight, and Muppets From Space were all included in the license.