One Shots, Parodies, & Trailers!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Hmm, something feels, off, about this one. Only read the first full segment of the first post but it didn't feel right to me for some reason. Maybe it's me. I know that a good story has to have some sort of conflict to drive the narrative and a conflict resolution that generates feelings of humor or thoughtful emotion. But if Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo and Scooter are all against the Starforth dinner, they come to Kermit's office and potest/strike going, the first thing my mind thought of would be for Kermit to ask why they were striking the banquet altogether.

Just getting angry and demanding their attending the function seems out of character. Then again, that was kind of the problem with the first half of the 2015 series, a general OOC-ness attempting to mesh with the more Hollywoodized version of the pilot live performance at that year's SDCCI of the show's true concept.
Well, in Kermit's defense - as explained later - the banquet is kinda a waste of time, especially considering it's not an event any of them want to go to. He's aware of why they don't want to go, however it doesn't mean that they can't or shouldn't have a presence there; they are trying to run a show, after all and it's a banquet that's pretty much just to promote celebrities and their own achievements, etc.

I can't remember what the original idea was going to be - it ended after Scooter called Denise a 'producer's pet' and of course, I wrote it most likely around 2015. The other stuff came like two days ago into my head and I didn't want to let it go, cause it was good, especially after I got a quick overview of the Swine Song. I just don't think after one night Denise decided to break up with Kermit; I think it was a long process and that episode was the clincher and decider.

And honestly, I just needed something to jump start the universe cause it's been a hot minute.

But hopefully the season premiere, Weekend at Piggy's, will be better.

LMK when you get to the other parts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, almost half a year since a post in this thread. Anyhew, (as Clifford would say), rezon I am posting here is cause... Saw the promo video for Muppets Now thanks to the link at the toughpigs article, and dang if I didn't think this was reminding me of Gina's fics where she has :smile:, :mad:, :embarrassed:, :concern:, :;, and :sympathy: at the big Muppet meetings table. The video was done with everyone calling in using Zoom, and Joe the Legal Weasel (newest member of the troop) was also present. That Joe, he kinda resembles either Mr. Bland or Mr. Blander from Kris's Newsie's Stories, dunno which, they're so bland you could confuse them for each other.

Just a little thought nugget, hope you is well Gina. :zany:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Wow, almost half a year since a post in this thread. Anyhew, (as Clifford would say), rezon I am posting here is cause... Saw the promo video for Muppets Now thanks to the link at the toughpigs article, and dang if I didn't think this was reminding me of Gina's fics where she has :smile:, :mad:, :embarrassed:, :concern:, :;, and :sympathy: at the big Muppet meetings table. The video was done with everyone calling in using Zoom, and Joe the Legal Weasel (newest member of the troop) was also present. That Joe, he kinda resembles either Mr. Bland or Mr. Blander from Kris's Newsie's Stories, dunno which, they're so bland you could confuse them for each other.

Just a little thought nugget, hope you is well Gina. :zany:
I'm still alive! I'm just really rally rally behind. I swear I'm going to come back and finish Weekend at piggy's - my short breaks tend to extend for like months and months now without my meaning to.

I shall return, I promise!