OK Go and The Muppets Music Video: The Muppet Show Theme

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
yes it would be cool if the version with the Muppet's singing was on a future album or single! Maybe the soundtrack to the Muppets?
I really like the version and the video makes me like it even more. I know as fans (and fans for anything for that matter) we tend to pick what we like and don't like (it makes us human) but this video really is what Muppety is. the screaming ending is just great and it's wonderful that both Dr. Teeth and Rowlf get their own moment. no other muppet to upstage them, just them for a moment.

love how Sweetums was worked in there for the beginning to start the mayhem (kinda like how he try's to help in MV3D.) great use of Bunsen and Beaker, Statler and Waldorf, and the Swedish Chef. plus Gonzo with Camilla. i love Gonzo's little "Hey!" when Camilla is knocked away. amazing Marvin Suggs moment with even a sound from him when he throws the mallets! It got to be Eric and would make sense. wonderful to see both Pepe and Rizzo with a singing line as they have seemed pushed back as of late and Sam the Eagle sounded really good singing! Nice to see Link with Strangepork as Link was absent in the Bohemian video. Crazy Harry's explosion is great to see continued still as we have seen a lot of him doing that in past Muppet videos (Stars and Stripes, Bohemian, the Muppets teaser trailer) The video pretty much has everyone you would want!If they were to add anything else i would say Robin Frog and Lips (but Robin more) to keep it in touch with the Muppet Show. as those two characters do fall in and out of Muppet productions as of late but we know that at least they are seen in the new movie. Pepe and Bobo fit in nice though. I hope this video is included on the dvd of the new movie when it comes out!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The video pretty much has everyone you would want!If they were to add anything else i would say Robin Frog and Lips (but Robin more) to keep it in touch with the Muppet Show. as those two characters do fall in and out of Muppet productions as of late but we know that at least they are seen in the new movie. Pepe and Bobo fit in nice though. I hope this video is included on the dvd of the new movie when it comes out!
Aside from those characters and the full-body monsters, I would have included all of Brian Henson's characters (and Johnny Fiama to be with Sal). Henson may not be performing in Disney's Muppet productions, but his characters wouldn't need to be heard in this.

Actually, it seems like this music video only barely scratched the surface of recently rebuilt characters.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I hope this video is included on the dvd of the new movie when it comes out
Even if it isn't, since OK Go's videos are pretty legendary, there will no doubt be a dvd compilation of them sooner or later.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I really liked how many characters were included, especially near the end as they are building the pyramid: Uncle Deadly, Beautiful Day, Crazy Harry, etc. The transitions between characters was really cool at the beginning, making for a very cohesive video linking the Muppets with OK Go!

Frogster

Reaction score
I think there might be something to be said about some of the new puppets not looking their best... the first season of The Muppet Show didn't have the best looking characters and it was huge.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Loved it! ! ! The ONLY criticism I have is the line "it's time to PUT on music...it's time to put on make-up..." - what was wrong with "...PLAY the music...", it fits alot better! Minor quibble, really!