OK Go and The Muppets Music Video: The Muppet Show Theme

ploobis

Reaction score
You can't always go "old school" This is a new generation and new kids get to at least see the characters in their eyes...what we grew up with. Times are different now, and so are the Muppets. So don't fret on what they should look like. I am glad it's just bringing in a new generation and they are still going to this day unlike a lot of other stuff we grew up with that is no longer around. And if it takes newer bands of todays music to keep them going, more power to them....Thanks OK Go!
Yeah, I'm not a fan of OK Go's music but that doesn't stop me from loving the music video. Beside, it features Classic Muppet characters that haven't been working for years! :big_grin:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------
Hilarious!!! The interruption of S&W had me giggling so hard I had to replay... And Newsie! Singing! And SO many great characters included! And the "false waking from a nightmare" ending! Love, love, love!:smile:

-----------------------------

Erine81981

Reaction score
Love it! I just bought the album today so i listen to it before seeing the video and kinda see that the characters voices would have been cool to have heard on the album too but i'm ok with it and love every bit of the video. AWSOME!

dwmckim

Reaction score
The movie and the Green Album are two totally seperate projects. "The Muppets" will have its own seperate soundtrack and different people responsible for the music.

Dearth

Reaction score
Big smile on my face. I just watched it twice in a row. Not a lot to add, other than my two favorite scenes were the treadmill gag (reminds me of the Nobody's Watching parody) and the Muppets puppeteering legless humans. The arm rods should have been a dead giveaway, but when they did the reveal, I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Alex

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I L:flirt:VE this!!!!!!!!!! I really think, with exception of Bohemian Rhapsody and the new movie itself, this is the best thing the Muppets have done in a while! I love the Muppets' puppeteering and Marvin Suggs... PERFECT :smile:! I can't tell you how much I love this!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You can't always go "old school" This is a new generation and new kids get to at least see the characters in their eyes...what we grew up with. Times are different now, and so are the Muppets. So don't fret on what they should look like. I am glad it's just bringing in a new generation and they are still going to this day unlike a lot of other stuff we grew up with that is no longer around. And if it takes newer bands of todays music to keep them going, more power to them....Thanks OK Go!
Indeed. I can't think of any reason why this video wasn't one of the best things I've seen them do in recent years. Why, I'd tie it with Bohemian Rhapsody. And Dr. Teeth has a multiple word line... no... a complete sentence! I sure hope more complete sentences follow for the movie.

Now I can't say OK Go is a band I follow, but after hearing this cover and seeing this video, I definitely would. These guys doing something with Sesame Street? Seems like I read something they were, and they DEFINITELY should.

beaker

Reaction score
I almost saw OK Go the other week in San Francisco(they played at this huge indie hipster rock fest called Outside Lands) Not too big a fan of their sound, but you cant deny Kulash's enthusiasm. Look how he chokes up in front of Kermit...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Did anybody notice this? This is the FIRST TIME EVER Uncle Deadly's bare toes and tail have been shown in puppet form to my knowledge.
The team of us who made the action figure pieced his head-to-toe look together from bits and scraps including a variety of storybook illustrations until settling on the final look of what we and Henson believed best represented the 70's Muppet. Art imitating other art, imitating other art...