OK Go and The Muppets Music Video: The Muppet Show Theme

outerelf

Reaction score
NO! IT DOESN'T PLAY IN MY COUNTRY! IT DOESN'T PLAY!

NO! *goes off to sob in some netherworld corner.*

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Sorry to our friends who can't watch it yet and hope it is available soon! I dislike all these different region things. just let it all play for the world to enjoy.

That is fantastic and a terrific use of ALL of the characters! everyone seemed to get a moment! Very nice tie with the other OK GO videos as well! Rowlf at the end was a real treat and this video really shows the Muppets at their best! And OK GO for that matter! They did a great job and their faces were priceless and i loved Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Animal (plus a rat) puppeteering them! all the man Muppets seem to get a speaking role and Rizzo and Pepe get justice! A perfect use of the Muppets!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wondered how they could shoot such an epic video so fast. It worked perfectly. This is exactly what a Muppet music video is supposed to be like. It's the performers and stars messing around with Muppets in a very loose template, unlike other well-intentioned, but over-produced pieces they've done in recent years. I love this so much that I'm going to overlook how VEVO wreaks havoc with my internet connection. A++ :flirt: Love this!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Man, it's too bad they didn't film this video earlier because now i really wish the audio of the video with Muppet voices included would have been present on The Green Album! (But maybe if it's a single, then perhaps they may include that as a track on it, so there's still hope there)

Regarding the Muppets in the video that we don't yet have confirmation of appearing in the movie - i'll bet they're all in the film too; it's more likely they were rebuilt for the movie as opposed to for the video. Projects like these are the perfect example of what all the new rebuilt Muppets can be used for!

What's really cool about the vid is that it's both a total tribute to Ok Go and to the Muppets and both groups' fanbases will be wonderfully pleased - it's not an OK Go video with Muppets nor a Muppet video with OK Go, it's really both; an equal pairing.

I think the only element i would have changed - purely from a nitpicky Muppet Freak perspective of course - would have been to have Wayne and Wanda be the next Muppets seen after Sam in the curtain sequence since that was primarily when Sam was in front of the tabs introducing someone...but at least W&W got their appearance later.

What's even better than seeing rebuilt Nigel? Seeing rebuilt Nigel in purple tux!

Beautiful Day Monster's looking really scrawny thin as far as his body goes...looks more like the offspring of BDM and a Snerf (i think that might have been digital manipulation to allow for the effect without showing hands or edges of puppets...you can see some other Muppets seem to also look elongated with their torsos like Mahna Mahna)

You know what that sequence reminded me of though? The way the Muppets handled the choreography for that verse when they did the opening theme at the RR station in Loretta Lynn eppy...and i was quasi waiting for someone to sing "this week sort of railroad stational"!

Does MTV even play music videos anymore? If they do, i'll bet this gets heavy rotation (during the five hours per week that videos probably still get aired)

Best gag: Rizzo "right-handing"!

Kinda scary how the one member of OK Go looks eerily like Senor Wences' Pedro.

That was an expensive looking explosion! (I can't believe they had the money for it in the budget)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That whole ending had me in stitches!

Also, that Waldorf puppet is terrible.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I dunno - i'd say it's an improvement over the last puppet myself.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
His faces looks way too bloated to me.

outerelf

Reaction score
Through an amazing slight of hand and fast clicking I have gotten it to play :big_grin: Of course, I can only watch it once and then have to refresh the page, but hopefully I think I might be able to use a site I know and download the video as an MP4 and watch the thing at my leisure- without the ad at the bottom.

I have to admit though, my favorite part is the part where the Muppets introduce OK Go. Pepe and Rizzo's part really cracks me up :big_grin: As does then ending with Rowlf calling for the only real dog to come back, and calling it 'Bunny'.