Now what's going on with YouTube?

Any Del

Reaction score
Wait, they're getting rid of channels that aren't in the partnership program? Where did you find this out?

I seriously hope this doesn't mean what it sounds like.
He found it out here:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They've been threatening to do this for years, and it never happens. I'm not saying it couldn't, because the writing's definitely been on the wall for a long, long time, but it's another one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" scenarios . . .

The only thing that's for certain is that if your channel is set as "made for kids," you can't monetize your content . . . why, I don't know, but that's the gist of it.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, I legitimately believe this isn't going to happen. I'd be shocked if it did.

The only thing that's for certain is that if your channel is set as "made for kids," you can't monetize your content . . . why, I don't know, but that's the gist of it.
Shouldn't it be the opposite? That the viewer discretion content shouldn't be monetized since it has a more narrow audience.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Either way, I'm setting my entire channel as "not made for kids," because otherwise, people will stop receiving notifications and subscription updates from my channel, and frankly, that's been hurting me since 2013, because YouTube's been doing that on smaller channels anyway - this is only rubbing @LittleJerry92's white salt into everybody's wounds with 50-grit sandpaper.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Ok but why would they do this without any notice? December 10th isnt that far off. I mean, I could totally see them go through with this -- but without giving people fair warning??

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
At this point, from what other sources say, I’m starting to believe this may just be a mis-understanding. So at this point, I’m just taking this with a grain of salt.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's kind of like the end of the world: people keep predicting when it will happen, the date comes, the world doesn't end, then they just predict a new date and go with that, lol.