Now what's going on with YouTube?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As of next month, YouTube is doing away with PMs entirely. They say it's because nobody was using the feature. Yeah, uh, you know why nobody was using the feature? BECAUSE YOUTUBE MADE IT SO **** HARD TO SEND AND RECEIVE PMs IN RECENT YEARS!
^^^^^^^^^^

Any Del

Reaction score

Hey @D'Snowth @LittleJerry92,

I know this seems awkward but I want your consent on something. This company has been blocking videos from my channel left and right for the past week and I have NOT received any notification about them. I've had to remove some songs on some of the blocked videos while others were unsuccessful because "it has received too many views to confirm changes". Should I dispute this claim or let it be? This right here is a BOGUS claim!

P.S: I've sent SW an email asking permission to upload some of their content and, no I didn't receive a reply.....yet. You guys can call me out on my immaturity as well but this has been irritating....

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well.... Sorry dude, but you're uploading copyrighted content, and Sesame Workshop has every right to take them down.

I wouldn't even bother making a dispute - YouTube only listens if it's some big corporation. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, this is exactly why I stopped uploading SS episodes and inserts altogether: it wasn't worth the risk of losing everything else I uploaded to copyright strikes and what have you. And like LittleJerry says, technically and legally, they have the right to strike your uploads, because you are uploading copyrighted material without their permission or consent . . . and IIRC, wasn't it you who emailed SW about this a while back and they told you they would terminate accounts and channels if they had to because of this?

I wouldn't even bother making a dispute - YouTube only listens if it's some big corporation. :rolleyes:
This is true. Just a few months ago, I discovered someone else on YouTube had stolen one of my Steve D'Monster videos: that's my original content. I filed a claim to have it taken down for copyright infringement, but YouTube rejected my claim.

The only success I ever had in disputes was disputing third-party claims on videos utilizing production music that was composed specifically for free use anyway - even though those weren't completed until the eleventh hour.

Any Del

Reaction score
Yes I remember that. Only if I didn't get their permission they would. I just figured if I'd asked them for their consent before my strikes ended on Jan 25th I would be fine...

And here's what I've sent them:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, end of the day dude, best you can do is just accept it because again, you're uploading content against their will and they will step in and do something about it.

Any Del

Reaction score
That's true. It's scary as well because normally when a video of yours gets taken down or blocked, you get an email on that. Surprisingly I didn't...God forbid if I receive 3 strikes and not get an email about it.... :concern: