Now what's going on with YouTube?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I mean paid for features is nothing new on any site. I dont think that has anything to do with net neutrality. It's scummy if that's true, but I'm willing to bet its just scaremongering from conspiracy nuts

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Be that as it may, why suddenly charge people just to see notifications on their social media accounts? I can understand premiums for things like removing ads, or unlocking extra features that are otherwise unavailable for ordinary accounts, but something as basic as notifications?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Conspiracy theorists are so annoying.

Like, I like the ones who admit they think x possiblity is true, but know at the same time they're just assumptions, but I don't like the ones who try and act like their theories are correct and get mad if you prove them wrong.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So is there any special reason why YouTube is shrinking the size of the player, but increasing the size of the scroll-down list of recommended videos on the right side of the page?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, apparently it's not that YouTube is shrinking the player, apparently, the player now conforms to the format of the video - so if the video itself is in 4:3, the player is 4:3, and if the video is 16:9, the player is 16:9.

Unforunately, they're keeping the player the same width on the page, so it's widescreen/16:9 videos that appear shrunken to keep the player the same width on the page.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, apparently it's not that YouTube is shrinking the player, apparently, the player now conforms to the format of the video - so if the video itself is in 4:3, the player is 4:3, and if the video is 16:9, the player is 16:9.

Unforunately, they're keeping the player the same width on the page, so it's widescreen/16:9 videos that appear shrunken to keep the player the same width on the page.
Oh, and can I just say that I had the idea that YouTube should have been doing this for years?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe it . . . YouTube actually added a useful new feature: a quick-access icon for PMs at the top of the page. Something that has greatly been missing for years.

I bet one million-billion-gajillion-bazillion dollars that YouTube will remove it again in a month.

Last edited: