None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Our local news did a super poll today about all of this prolonged summer heat.

24% said they love it and wish it would last forever
63% said they're done with it and ready for fall
13% said they're still waiting for snow

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It's going to be 86 degrees here tomorrow, which is surprising because it's been nothing but in the 70s here.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
But then right after that, it's going to go right back into the 70s. So go figure.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Be careful what you ask for, because soon people will be moaning about how cold it is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, you can always add layers and such to warm yourself up from the cold . . . it doesn't quite work as well in reverse when it's over 90 degrees outside . . . and when it's over 100, just about all you can it come on in, take off your skin, and rattle around in yo bones!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know, and the cold weather suits you fine. But come January and a large part of the country is in a deep freeze, the same people who hated the heat will be wishing for the hot weather.
A lot of old people are like that. Too hot. Too cold. Never happy.
If such a place existed that was 65 degrees year round, low humidity, low rainfall, (San Francisco comes close)
there would be a mass exodus to there.(come to think of it, there is!)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
65 and below would certainly be my ideal climate, though I'd still miss the sweater weather that comes with temps under 60 degrees. But otherwise, I could totally tolerate such a climate, though rainfall has never been a problem with me: as long as I don't have to actually get out and drive in it, I really don't mind rainy days at all . . . tune into a little smooth jazz to mix with the sounds of rain drops hitting hard surfaces outside, I think it's actually quite serene and peaceful. Even just a cloudy day doesn't bother me . . . getting back to the topic of driving, I'd say driving in cloudy weather is actually more preferable, because then you don't have to worry about any glare disrupting your vision.