None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, I'm so fed up with my glasses fogging up each and everytime I step foot outside because of the high humidity.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
it was actually in the 70s today. way way way too humid but thank god for a break from the heat

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welp, I stand corrected: looks like the summer heat will be returning for an encore this weekend (and it's threatening to spread into the beginning of September, which I hope to God it won't), but until then, hey, it's really below average today in the 70s!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Up here some of the leaves are changing color already.This week has been incredibly dry, it's been hard for the temps to get above 80, and at night it's gotten a little chilly. Perfect weather for Noo Joisey.
This summer wasn't too bad. We had two brutal weeks in July, but August was pleasantly mild.

I used to have a coworker, while everybody else was sweating and dying in Jersey's notorious heat and humidity, he was complaining it wasn't hot and humid enough!
I suggested he stick his head in the oven.
Being the dumb schmuck he was, he probably did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a friend who lived in Minnesota all her life (in Wisconsin as well for a while), and she always whined and complained about how cold it was up there. Now she lives in Florda, and she's always whining and complaining about the daily thunderstorms (but she's loving the 90+ degree heat).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My sister and brother in law spent a year in Petoskey, Michigan. On a map, Michigan is shaped like a hand. Picture way up north, on top of the middle finger, where three of the Great Lakes meet, that's where they were. Summer was nice, but that winter was like being at the North Pole, with sub Arctic temps, four feet of snow, and freezing winds blowing off three Great Lakes.
Next year my brother in law's company moved him to Nashville, where they've been for 20+ years. Dealing with same heat you deal with. But they'll take heat any day over cold.

If you had to choose the lesser of two evils, would it be you can't go outside because of the heat, or you can't go outside because you're buried in snow and freezing to death?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you had to choose the lesser of two evils, would it be you can't go outside because of the heat, or you can't go outside because you're buried in snow and freezing to death?
Definitely the latter.

As I always say, you can always continue to add layers for warmth when it's cold, but when it's hot you can only remove so much before you're arrested for indecent exposure.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At least if you're overexposed, they'll put you in a freezing cold hospital room. When your body temp reaches the mid 90s, then they'll take you to a hot jail cell.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unless September has any more of those unexpected and unwanted surprises in store (and I hope to God there won't be)
******* **** it!!! That's exactly what happened! We're back up above average in the 90s again, and it looks like this is going to stick around for the next two weeks, which means we're losing almost half of September! I get so ******* sick of this ********! We need to stop Climate Change right now!