None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oof, I never even thought of that happening.
But yeah, if it weren't for the humidity, the heat would be so much more bearable.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Whirlpool has come out with these new air conditioners that are lighter than older models, and more energy efficient. This can make a big difference in electric bills, since the two appliances that eat up electricity are air conditioners and washer/dryers.
If you don't want to suffer from the heat, two things worth investing in:
1) an energy efficient a/c
2) a gas powered generator.
In the event of a blackout, the a/c isn't much helpwith no power. And they're not too expensive, maybe five hundred bucks.
That might seem like a lot, but is it worth living in miserable heat just to save a few pennies?
Another thing to check is windows. Old windows not only lose heat in the winter, but also lose coolness in the summer. Most contractors install new windows for the whole house, but you can get one window for just an upstairs room for a hundred bucks. Makes sense since heat rises.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gas would be out of the question now that my dad's on oxygen. But luckily, a weatherization program through the county resulted in us being able to replace out an heating and air unit - both indoors and out, and it's kept us a whole lot cooler in the summer than the previous unit did; it's like a meat locker inside, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, we've seen it as high as 115 before.

But, yeah, today marked our hottest day of the year so far at 97 degrees; we had a sudden, freak thunderstorm earlier this afternoon, and although the forecast was saying that this kind of weather supposed to be pretty much set-in for the day, it's been clearing up steadily since the storm.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unless September has any more of those unexpected and unwanted surprises in store (and I hope to God there won't be), it looks as if the summer heat has come to a premature end as of today.

Last edited:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah, the heat isn't too bad, it's just the HUMIDITY that's making it unbearable to step foot outside.