• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. The show debuts on PBS next Sunday at 7|6c and an official DVD is on the way.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Non-adversarial Ernie/Cookie Monster skits

SesameMike

Reaction score
How many of the skits that primarily starred Ernie and the Cookie Monster were non-confrontational? That is, CM was pretty much an ally, not an adversary, of Ernie, and/or didn't get anything off Ernie that Ernie didn't want CM to have.

I can only think of two:

-- Dee, dee-dee... CM actually said nothing in this one. He just quickly produced artifacts in tune with Ernie's song.

-- The discussion of "Hope". While this one did still end with CM eating up all of Ernie's cookies, it was because Ernie intended him to; there was no coercion or trickery on CM's part, as happened all too many other times.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here are some more:

A two-part skit where Cookie Monster spends the night with Ernie and has a bad dream about cookies (and Ernie ended up giving Cookie Monster some cookies)

A skit where Ernie and Cookie Monster discuss their differences and similarities

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I saw the one about 'hope' on 'You Tube.' That was a good one. I think another one that deserves mention would be CMs 'soft-boiled' cookie song. Though there might have been some trickery in that one when CM eats Ernie's pan. I think that was how it ended. It's been a while since I've seen that.

maxdrive

Reaction score
Share is one of my favs where they both end up shareing the cookies and milk together. I must say i prefer the orgenal to the new oen with elmo seemed to fit with cookie monster more then him