Ninja Turtles

Rufus

Reaction score
www.figures.com and www.action-figure.com have pictures of the new toys... I don't know what I was expecting from this new line, but these are un-impressive. Too much like the originals, head designs seem to be the major change, and they're okay, but the expressions are terrible... Raphael's is okay, Mike's is the worst.
The added articulation is nice, but other than that... disappointing.

- R -

beaker

Reaction score
I'm disappointed they are going with the cartoony big head look of the 1988 line. sad. Extra articulation or not, I have seen some very very kickbutt TMNT figures made in the mid to late nineties...and these arent them. Heck, the Jim Lee crossover and Next Mutation figures looked better than this. Im hoping the cartoon is at least somewhat inspired...Im hearing so so notes on TF Armada.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just hope this is a good show. It seems that it's closer to the original comic book than the 80's cartoon (I loved it until Rob Paulsen stopped Voicing Raph). I like the comic a lot. I just hope it isn't like that sad, sad live action Turtles show. It had a lot of potential, and it seemed like it would be cool, but then there was the ecch factor. The added a character.

Added characters have made or broken shows as long as they were added.

When Scooby Doo begot Scrappy, the show was much less fun, and then it just became horrible, and inconsistant to any Scoony Doo cartoon. All it was, was Scooby running around keeping scrappy in check. YECCH! I'm glad they did to him what they did in the movie.

A lot of people didn't like the Gruesoms or the Great Gazoo on the flintstones.

And Quite a bit of people hated Corperal Capeman on Inspector Gadget. Personally, I liked him.

The girl Turtle was far too mystic and serious to go along with the rest of the show. She was too annoying, and the series would have done quite fine without her.

Boo on Girl Turtles! And boo on whoever thought she was a good idea.

beaker

Reaction score
dr. tooth:

yeah, oh man am I hoping the new TMNT fox show kicks but.

But isnt this too cool...a new TMNT and Muppet Show first half of 2003 on Fox? Oh Man! A bigger fan of both I could not be.

Btw, I got to talk about American edit vs. Japanese uncut Dragon Ball Z episodes with my friend at Kinkos. I also showed him the new Muppetcentral.com site and he was very impressed(hes a anime and muppet fan too!) It's always great to spread the love!