Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!!!

Yes I know it’s been a looooong while sense I last wrote to you guys and the questions keep getting bigger and bigger. Well I only have myself to blame. So lets get started.

First we’ll cover the eye lid questions. The prototype posers that I am making of Gonzo and Animal sort of do have working eye mechanisms and do not. Yeah I know that’s not a good answer. Lets put it this way I am making them movable but there is no way to control them because these are not hand puppets and there is no way to work them because as you all know they are originally controlled from inside the puppet head but these guys are not hand puppets they are posers. Dam it Jim I’m a puppeteer/puppet builder not a mechanic!! Both Kevin and I agreed that my prototypes didn’t need them to operate at all. Now you can move them by pushing them with your finger but they will not stay in place. Now I can not remember if Kevin told me weather the MR models will have controllable eye mechanisms or not. If they do then MR will probably get someone to figure it all out without killing the look of the poser. Hummm I think that’s a Kevin Eslinger question.

Next we touch on the Costumes. I have been told by Kevin that Gonzo will be in his Muppet Show purple tux and Animal will be in his Muppet Show brown pants with the yellow and red small vest. Its been asked what my opinion is and I have to say myself I like the Muppet Show stuff. However there are two other outfits that I liked on Gonzo. The plumber outfit and I really liked the photographer outfit on the “The Great Muppet Caper”. To be honest I don’t like the Chili pepper stuff, sorry Blinky_fish. Now this is something that should be asked to someone like Kevin and that is can the outfits come off for people to make their own outfits for these guys?

It was asked if the heads came off. Now the original hand puppets heads did come off of most of the muppets but not in the case of these posers. At least not with my prototypes. The wire that I use in these prototypes would not have worked well if they where separate from the body as they need the body wire to let it work properly for the head and stay together. At least for me. Now I believe that Master Replicas posers will have better wiring than mine which I believe will live longer than the wire in mine.
However I don’t think the Master Replicas posers heads will come off either.

Someone I believe has asked why the Muppet Posers are not hand puppets and from what I was told the idea was purposed to Disney and they would not allow Master Replicas to manufacture and sell the Muppets as hand puppets but they did liked the poser idea. The reason I think is more than likely that Disney did not like the idea of Kermit puppets out there doing who knows what but this is a debate that’s getting a bit tiring to see.

I was also asked how long did I dye the Antron Fleece to get Animal’s color? Well I have been using a washing machine to dye my fabrics and It was set for 14 minutes on the half load cycle. Now with a washer the plus side is that it evenly dyes the fabric without one part of the fabric having a darker area than the other part of the fabric. The down side is the fleece gets those fuzz balls which I have to cut off. The reason I use a washer is because I never had very good luck with pot dyeing.

As you can tell I am using for my prototypes the original materials that Henson used for their Muppets. Now I know there has been a couple of people freaking out over this as it will not have a long, long shelf life but fear not. I do believe that Master Replicas will be using stuff that will look like the Scott foam but will last a long time. That’s in their ball field. The same with Animal’s teeth. MR will probably make them out of a plastic.

I have been asked if I knew what prices Gonzo and Animal would be going for and I really don’t know. That would be a Kevin Eslinger question. Ok that’s it for now and I hope that I have covered a lot of the questions that where asked. Everybody take care of yourselves and I’ll see you later.

Terry Angus

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
ButchCat said:
Hi Everyone!!!!

Yes I know it’s been a looooong while sense I last wrote to you guys and the questions keep getting bigger and bigger. Well I only have myself to blame. So lets get started.

First we’ll cover the eye lid questions. The prototype posers that I am making of Gonzo and Animal sort of do have working eye mechanisms and do not. Yeah I know that’s not a good answer. Lets put it this way I am making them movable but there is no way to control them because these are not hand puppets and there is no way to work them because as you all know they are originally controlled from inside the puppet head but these guys are not hand puppets they are posers. Dam it Jim I’m a puppeteer/puppet builder not a mechanic!! Both Kevin and I agreed that my prototypes didn’t need them to operate at all. Now you can move them by pushing them with your finger but they will not stay in place. Now I can not remember if Kevin told me weather the MR models will have controllable eye mechanisms or not. If they do then MR will probably get someone to figure it all out without killing the look of the poser. Hummm I think that’s a Kevin Eslinger question.

Next we touch on the Costumes. I have been told by Kevin that Gonzo will be in his Muppet Show purple tux and Animal will be in his Muppet Show brown pants with the yellow and red small vest. Its been asked what my opinion is and I have to say myself I like the Muppet Show stuff. However there are two other outfits that I liked on Gonzo. The plumber outfit and I really liked the photographer outfit on the “The Great Muppet Caper”. To be honest I don’t like the Chili pepper stuff, sorry Blinky_fish. Now this is something that should be asked to someone like Kevin and that is can the outfits come off for people to make their own outfits for these guys?

It was asked if the heads came off. Now the original hand puppets heads did come off of most of the muppets but not in the case of these posers. At least not with my prototypes. The wire that I use in these prototypes would not have worked well if they where separate from the body as they need the body wire to let it work properly for the head and stay together. At least for me. Now I believe that Master Replicas posers will have better wiring than mine which I believe will live longer than the wire in mine.
However I don’t think the Master Replicas posers heads will come off either.

Someone I believe has asked why the Muppet Posers are not hand puppets and from what I was told the idea was purposed to Disney and they would not allow Master Replicas to manufacture and sell the Muppets as hand puppets but they did liked the poser idea. The reason I think is more than likely that Disney did not like the idea of Kermit puppets out there doing who knows what but this is a debate that’s getting a bit tiring to see.

I was also asked how long did I dye the Antron Fleece to get Animal’s color? Well I have been using a washing machine to dye my fabrics and It was set for 14 minutes on the half load cycle. Now with a washer the plus side is that it evenly dyes the fabric without one part of the fabric having a darker area than the other part of the fabric. The down side is the fleece gets those fuzz balls which I have to cut off. The reason I use a washer is because I never had very good luck with pot dyeing.

As you can tell I am using for my prototypes the original materials that Henson used for their Muppets. Now I know there has been a couple of people freaking out over this as it will not have a long, long shelf life but fear not. I do believe that Master Replicas will be using stuff that will look like the Scott foam but will last a long time. That’s in their ball field. The same with Animal’s teeth. MR will probably make them out of a plastic.

I have been asked if I knew what prices Gonzo and Animal would be going for and I really don’t know. That would be a Kevin Eslinger question. Ok that’s it for now and I hope that I have covered a lot of the questions that where asked. Everybody take care of yourselves and I’ll see you later.

Terry Angus

wow THANKS Terry! glad to hear the news on Gonzo & Animal. :smile: I CAN'T WAIT to get these 2! any idea when we can pre-order them? :confused:

MWoO

Reaction score
I hope MR doesn't use plastic for Animal's teeth. I think that would look cheap.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Mmmm, as long as it wasn't a shiny plastic, I think it'd be just fine. But that's just my opinion. :big_grin:

Thanks so much Terry for giving us some insight into the process! I have one more question to add.

Since Animal's progress has caught up with Gonzo's, have you heard if they will be released closer together, or even at the same time? Or do you know if they'll still have staggered release dates?

Thanks much (again), and have a great day! Don't overwork yourself!
:smile:
Anthony

Convincing John

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Animal does seem to be balding slightly from those photos
:sing: "Hey man, you look like you need some Rogaine!"
:halo: "RO-GAINE!!! RO-GAINE!!! RO-GAINE!!!! AH HA HA HA HAAA!":halo:

Seriously, these replicas look awesome so far! Can't wait for the finished Animal. I've gotta get Gonzo too! I got Kermit already, and he is indeed one of the best Muppet collectibles I own.

Convincing John

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Animal

Terry,
do you have any updated pics of the Animal or Gonzo prototypes??? Dying to see more!!!

Dave :smile:

ButchCat

Reaction score
vaderdentist

Terry,
do you have any updated pics of the Animal or Gonzo prototypes??? Dying to see more!!!

Dave
Hi all,

Funny that vanderdentist should ask that question because the last two posers of Gonzo and Animal that I made for Master Replicas are all finished and sent off to Master Replicas to send to china. Animal still has some problems although he came out better than the first Animal poser. Not to worry I am working on my notes to give to Master Replicas and I'll be telling them what should be changed.

I have only had time to post Gonzo 2 and Animal 2's pictures on myspace.com. I know that the problem with this is that you have to sign up in order to see them. Later at some point when I get the time I'll post them somewhere else. Heres's the link http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=75647126 if you can see them enjoy. If I know you guys, one of you will more than likely copy them and post them here.

Take care all

Terry Angus

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
ButchCat said:
Hi all,

Funny that vanderdentist should ask that question because the last two posers of Gonzo and Animal that I made for Master Replicas are all finished and sent off to Master Replicas to send to china. Animal still has some problems although he came out better than the first Animal poser. Not to worry I am working on my notes to give to Master Replicas and I'll be telling them what should be changed.

I have only had time to post Gonzo 2 and Animal 2's pictures on myspace.com. I know that the problem with this is that you have to sign up in order to see them. Later at some point when I get the time I'll post them somewhere else. Heres's the link http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=75647126 if you can see them enjoy. If I know you guys, one of you will more than likely copy them and post them here.

Take care all

Terry Angus

WOW TERRY!!!!! WOW!!!! :excited: thats all i can say... and nice to see that Animals eyes will move too!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Whoooaaaa, They look great.

Thanks for showing us the pics Terry.

Chris

travellingpat

Reaction score
Umm i have an account but it says
Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their acccount has been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.