New Video: Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody!

tomahawk

Reaction score
This is what I'm making of things. The Muppet puppets were being built for the Halloween production that got pushed back one year so they're using all of the puppets they can in that epic video. But that lends the idea that Johnny and Sal were to be in the Halloween special. Maybe Brian will dub? How is Brian Henson's working relationship with Disney?
I asked Brian about his characters when he was in Seattle for the Jim Henson exhibit. He said that Disney was focusing on the core group of characters, but he would love to keep doing them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I asked Brian about his characters when he was in Seattle for the Jim Henson exhibit. He said that Disney was focusing on the core group of characters, but he would love to keep doing them.
That's great. I was worried that there was some sort of disconnect.

It does seem that Disney is focusing on Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Pepe, Animal and Rizzo. However, the new video shows that Kermit and Piggy can easily be the ending punctuation to an epic mob of fan faves.

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
OK, this has sucked me back into the forum again. Astounding stuff. This, along with the Halloween videos, is showing how timeless the Muppets can be when they're not being pushed into being hip and relevant. Really, would ANYthing from Disney-Not-Quite-Live or whatever have generated this kind of response?

Something I haven't seen mentioned: Having always been impressed by the authenticity of Rowlf's piano playing over the years, it was a lot of fun to see the puppetry that went into Animal's drumming on this. Top notch stuff.

All the rebuilt-puppets really do make you wonder what the Halloween Special included... er... will include.

With this new emphasis on "Muppet Studios" rather than "Muppet Holding Company LLC" it really does feel like there' s a new team behind the gang who really do get it. Do we know ANYthing about this at all?

Rax

Reaction score
As for harmony, it means singing different notes that compliment the ones sng by another (I think, that's how I describe it anyway)
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I do understand what you're saying here. Strange thing is, voice actor Wim T. Schippers (Ernie) is singing in harmony in most Dutch Bert & Ernie songs, and it always sounds okay to me. Still, when I listen to Janice in this vid I got the feeling something's wrong. Well... I'm not an expert so you guys (or girls?) could be right.

Gr, Rax

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I do understand what you're saying here. Strange thing is, voice actor Wim T. Schippers (Ernie) is singing in harmony in most Dutch Bert & Ernie songs, and it always sounds okay to me. Still, when I listen to Janice in this vid I got the feeling something's wrong. Well... I'm not an expert so you guys (or girls?) could be right.

Gr, Rax
Could just be because this is the first time we've really heard Janice sing in 20 years.

dwmckim

Reaction score
OK, this has sucked me back into the forum again. Astounding stuff. This, along with the Halloween videos, is showing how timeless the Muppets can be when they're not being pushed into being hip and relevant. Really, would ANYthing from Disney-Not-Quite-Live or whatever have generated this kind of response?

Something I haven't seen mentioned: Having always been impressed by the authenticity of Rowlf's piano playing over the years, it was a lot of fun to see the puppetry that went into Animal's drumming on this. Top notch stuff.

All the rebuilt-puppets really do make you wonder what the Halloween Special included... er... will include.

With this new emphasis on "Muppet Studios" rather than "Muppet Holding Company LLC" it really does feel like there' s a new team behind the gang who really do get it. Do we know ANYthing about this at all?
The name change is more just a legal/technical thing but Muppets-under-Disney have gone through three leaders. This is one of the main reasons it took so long for things to really get going - once one regime's plans were getting under way, they were replaced (well actually that was just the case once. Chris Curtin, the original leader was replaced due to Disney internal politics with someone who didn't really belong in that position and pretty much did nothing. Thankfully he was replaced with current Muppets Studios head Lyelle Brier who really seems to get The Muppets and is firmly committed to them - but they still ended up getting a major relaunch delayed via the infamous writers strike of 2008. Since that ended we've seen a lot of the results of her tenure - and right now especially it looks like Disney/Muppets have rolled out a full-scale Muppet relaunch to whet fans' appetites for the 2010 movie.

BTW - a week and over 7 million views later, and i wonder if anyone from Queen has made any kind of statement about the Muppets' tribute yet. Can't wait to hear what they say when they do.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Just saying, this video has already been mention in the Muppets and Youtube thread.

With that being said, yes this video is totally awesome. In fact it's beyond awesome. That video alone is better than both the Studios DC: Almost specials, combined.

Rax

Reaction score
Could just be because this is the first time we've really heard Janice sing in 20 years.
Oh boy! You know, my laptop has only one working speaker. I was already wondering why people were asking who played Floyd in this vid... But now I get it. Today I saw/heared it on another PC and Floyd is actually singing in the clip. :sing: LOL! :stick_out_tongue:
So maybe that's why Janice sounded so strange to me? She's singing together with Floyd, but I never heared HIM singing along.

Pff, ****. Fer sure! :smile:

Gr, Rax