New Muppet Studios Logo

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I guess maybe I just wish it had more color and would possibly not include Pepe. Sorry Pepe fans I just can't see putting him the logo. I love him and think he is hilarious but he is not an original Muppet. Just my thoughts.
Pepe more than deserves a spot in the logo. He has completely carried some recent productions and there is no good reason not to put him in there. He is as much a part of the family as any of them.

unclematt

Reaction score
Pepe more than deserves a spot in the logo. He has completely carried some recent productions and there is no good reason not to put him in there. He is as much a part of the family as any of them.
I am not saying that I completely agree that he has carried the Muppets in recent productions and he is 100% worth tuning in for. I just think they should have stuck to the original Muppet Show Muppets. To be honest I don't like the fact that Beeker is there without Bunsen. In no way was I trying to take away from Pepe.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Sorry, but i agree with the inclusion of Pepe. When i hear the term "Muppet Studios" and see a classic B&W Hollywood style font that's used there, i think of The Muppet Gang pulling together to put on shows and unintentionally wreaking havoc in much the exact way the artwork used in the logo represents. It makes me imagine "Muppet Studios" as an actual place where i can visit, open the door to and see just what's represented - Piggy posing, Animal eating, Beaker getting blown up...

You don't want too many characters in a logo since it can get too "busy" - but yet this uses more characters than what one might expect and makes it work - i'm not put off in any way as to "who's not there" - i don't need Bunson with Beaker - Beaker exists fully as a character away from the B/B pairing as we've seen him numerous times on The Muppet Show away from Muppet Labs as a stagehand (among other things) and i imagine whatever caused his predicament just prior to his image being captured was more likely a result of a mishap with Beauregard. Of course it just as easily could have been facilitated by Bunson, but Bunson is no doubt still safely inside the Lab, his eyes glued to his data oblivious to Beaker's current fate while Beaker has flown through the roof thus becoming a part of the landscape to the viewers' pov.

Pepe's inclusion shows a mix of old and new (and for a character that has been around for almost 14 years, the only reason people think of him as a "new character" is because they're fixated on the division Pre and Post 1980/end of The Muppet Show's run. It's ONE character in a group of Muppets who ARE from that era. Given Disney's reputation and fans' fears when Disney bought them, it's a subtle way of saying "we're committed to providing NEW content" and not just making all their money off the Muppets by releasing all the previous existing stuff from the vaults and not doing anything new.

Me, i love this logo - in fact what i'm going to say next is one of the biggest "stamps of approval" a Muppet fan can give a piece of Muppet Artwork: it looks very much in the style and spirit of Michael Frith.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You don't want too many characters in a logo since it can get too "busy" - but yet this uses more characters than what one might expect and makes it work - i'm not put off in any way as to "who's not there" - i don't need Bunson with Beaker - Beaker exists fully as a character away from the B/B pairing as we've seen him numerous times on The Muppet Show away from Muppet Labs as a stagehand (among other things) and i imagine whatever caused his predicament just prior to his image being captured was more likely a result of a mishap with Beauregard. Of course it just as easily could have been facilitated by Bunson, but Bunson is no doubt still safely inside the Lab, his eyes glued to his data oblivious to Beaker's current fate while Beaker has flown through the roof thus becoming a part of the landscape to the viewers' pov.
First off... I can't believe you spelled Bunsen wrong :insatiable:

Secondly, I agree 100%. I could see so many comments about "Oh... nice, but X isn't here" and all I can think of is the Muppet posters/stock art pieces that took a base image and And Photoshopped more and more characters till it looked cramped, crowded, and like you're supposed to find Waldo.

I think that logo has enough characters, and I agree that Pepe belongs on there, as does Beaker and Rizzo... they are the 3 extra characters they usually focus on for internet videos, merchandise, and in their own projects. Pepe has become a part of the main group, and has been since MFS. And doubly so since VMX. Plus, he helps fill up what would otherwise be an awkward empty space. Only way I'd see Pepe not fitting in is if Animal weren't biting the side of the logo, Rizzo wasn't just outside the logo, and Beaker wasn't blasting out of it. Visually, he gives a nice balance as well.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Can I just say...were I ever to get a Muppet tattoo...I'm basing it on this artwork right here.

unclematt

Reaction score
You all have valid points and I was just expressing my opinion

beaker

Reaction score
We saw a glimpse of this on eFX's website, but here is the fantastic new logo from The Muppet Studios. They FINALLY got the S in the right place and they've finally made a really, really cool logo!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/d/d7/MuppetStudios-logo.png
Niiice. Very classic. We've been waiting for Disney to change the sucky Muppet logo they've been using since 2004.

Looks like many things these days are moving in the right direction for our furry pals

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see anyone outside of the main 5, Kermit, Piggy, Animal, Gonzo, and sometimes Fozzie... I'm surprised to see Pepe get representation, as well as Beaker (he passed the threshold from cult to mainstream cult... same way that Animal did).

But this is just a lovely, beautiful, crazy, Muppety logo. I hope this tosses that ugly, googly eyed piece of yuck we've has since 05 far, far away. This one I'd want on a T-shirt. The old one isn't even suitable to put on a diaper.
That truly is a horrid logo from Disney's early buy of the Muppets! eeesh.

My FAVORITE is the 2001 era logo for the Muppets(ie: the
closeup of Kermits face) but the logo on 2003 Palisades stuff was cool too

Btw, the "core 5" pretty much went from being Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie and Animal to being Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie and Pepe....though often times Animal and Rizzo are thrown in there, so it's more the "core 7".

It was around 2002 that we saw Pepe officially become part of the main 5, replacing Animal. However, Beaker has been given a breakout role and is now considered an alternate to the main 7.

beaker

Reaction score
I think it's just one branding. I think they need stroger brand lettering that doesn't require Muppet "bugs" hanging off the logo.

Personally, this 2 minute mock-up from existing materials is closer to how I would handle the elements. I really liked the lettering, but not the colors, on the later Palisades packaging.
Yeah I like that 2003 era logo, as well as the 2001 Kermit head logo.

These sillohetted logos look like they could be used at a new California Adventure Land area tailored for the Muppets or something.

beaker

Reaction score
Given Disney's reputation and fans' fears when Disney bought them, it's a subtle way of saying "we're committed to providing NEW content" and not just making all their money off the Muppets by releasing all the previous existing stuff from the vaults and not doing anything new.
Yeah but there's also way too many Muppet "fans" who would rather the Muppets be put back in storage and for any new Muppet product or media to simply be "honoring the past".

I think the Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody proves the Muppets are back, and as wildly irreverent as ever...55 years later

I guess maybe I just wish it had more color and would possibly not include Pepe. Sorry Pepe fans I just can't see putting him the logo. I love him and think he is hilarious but he is not an original Muppet. Just my thoughts.
I dont think any character is to be used on any logo. Kermits head has been used before, but the trend has been to move away from that now that it's "The Muppets" and not "Jim Henson's Muppets".

And love him or hate him, Pepe is one of the main 5 characters and has been for some time now.