New Muppet Studios Logo

unclematt

Reaction score
And love him or hate him, Pepe is one of the main 5 characters and has been for some time now.

I disagree. People may recognize Pepe but they don't know his name. If you put Pepe next to Gonzo or Fozzie more people would be able to tell you who Gonzo or Fozzie or Animal or Beaker or The Swedish Chef for that matter are before they could tell you Pepe's name.

beaker

Reaction score
I disagree. People may recognize Pepe but they don't know his name. If you put Pepe next to Gonzo or Fozzie more people would be able to tell you who Gonzo or Fozzie or Animal or Beaker or The Swedish Chef for that matter are before they could tell you Pepe's name.
Well the average person will say "oh! I love Kermit, Piggie, Gonzo...oh whats his name? Fonzie the bear? And I love those two old guys, and that chef dude"

In 20 years if the muppets are still around it could be guzgub, fleeber, noodles, zorkle and harrison the manatee as the main 5(ok, i made those up) but you never know with these things.

Remember in the 90's, when the main 5 was "kermit, fozzie, gonzo, piggie and animal"? And you saw nothing but merch featuring them, and only them?
I think most here would agree Pepe replaced Animal in the main core, as Animal seems to be more grouped with the Electric Mayhem now days again. I like seeing Rizzo and Beaker in top spots.

People and the public at large can live in nostaligia, but time and time again the Muppets prove they are ever evolving and timely as ever.

unclematt

Reaction score
I have taken all the arguments into account and you have all swyaed me. Pepe deserves his rightful spot in the logo

beaker

Reaction score
I have taken all the arguments into account and you have all swyaed me. Pepe deserves his rightful spot in the logo
I just realized this isn't the actual new logo, but some brief inhouse thing Muppet Studios used in 2005.

I dont think any characters should be used in association with a logo; however it is beyond time that the Muppets get a logo worthy of them instead of the horrible photoshop job.

Anyways, I can see what you mean about Pepe. He's one of my top fave Muppets; however while I absolutely hate Elmo and dont even want to look at him when he's on screen...I have to admit for better or worse he's too interwoven within Sesame branding and image to simply nix him out.

unclematt

Reaction score
I just realized this isn't the actual new logo, but some brief inhouse thing Muppet Studios used in 2005.

I dont think any characters should be used in association with a logo; however it is beyond time that the Muppets get a logo worthy of them instead of the horrible photoshop job.

Anyways, I can see what you mean about Pepe. He's one of my top fave Muppets; however while I absolutely hate Elmo and dont even want to look at him when he's on screen...I have to admit for better or worse he's too interwoven within Sesame branding and image to simply nix him out.
And that my friend is why I love these forums, we can disagree and give our opinions several times over and in the end we have managed to agree with the other. Amazing