New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Muppet fans can only generate so much money on films like Most Wanted. After that it is down to the general public to go and watch the film.

If they don't there is not alot we can do. So don't blame us

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Muppets Most Wanted was a box office failure and the 2015 series was a ratings disaster. Both featured Whitmire. Are you saying that if Disney wants the Muppets to succeed they’d have to bring him back? I’m not following the logic, m’gee.

He’s gone. He ain’t comin’ back.
I'm glad you brought this up.

Now we did get lucky that the 2011 movie was such a success, but even though it was the characters were still not exactly like they should have been. They were off and so we're there relationships with each other. The reason is not due to any one prefomer, but on the writing. When you have outside people come in and give there take on what the characters should do then you get things completely off. The ones who understand the characters are the prefomers and there inside witers. When you get people from the outside you get a glorified fan fiction.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
To add to my point Steve said pretty much the same thing I did, and fans thought he was crazy, disgruntled, or just plain lost his mind. Yet during the promotion of Muppet Guy's Talking Frank Oz also said the same thing, and everyone thought he was a genius, but there were still those who just refuse to see that Disney was simply looking for someone to blame for the failure of the show, and since Steve was being a "trouble maker" for standing up for the integrity of the characters that he would be there scapegoat.
Look at whathe has been successful since Disney bought the Muppets. They were at one point killing it and really making a true comeback with there online videos, on both there website and YouTube. Those videos were sharp witty funny family friendly, and most importantly they represented the characters very well.
Then we were given Bohemian Rapsody which was, and still is one of the best things the Muppets have done since the Disney took over.
They were winning Webby awards and fans were getting the Muppets back, and new younger fans were coming in. We need to get back to things like that, and from what I'm hearing these concerts are doing that, but sadly not everyone can go to those. If they streamed those the Muppets would be hot way hoter then they are now.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Movies need to at least double their budget to break even. Muppets Most Wanted couldn’t double it’s 50 million budget even with worldwide box office factored in. That’s terrible for a franchise film. The fact that it only made 1.2 million domestically over it’s budget is just really sad.

Muppet fans really need to stop pretending this film wasn’t a financial failure.
I don't care I loved it and I loved the 2011 movie. just look at the Han Solo movie horrible box office but the fans love it no one really knows why the box office isn't good great film no one sees it in the theater same for Muppets 2011 and MMW …

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
To add to my point Steve said pretty much the same thing I did, and fans thought he was crazy, disgruntled, or just plain lost his mind. Yet during the promotion of Muppet Guy's Talking Frank Oz also said the same thing, and everyone thought he was a genius, but there were still those who just refuse to see that Disney was simply looking for someone to blame for the failure of the show, and since Steve was being a "trouble maker" for standing up for the integrity of the characters that he would be there scapegoat.
Look at whathe has been successful since Disney bought the Muppets. They were at one point killing it and really making a true comeback with there online videos, on both there website and YouTube. Those videos were sharp witty funny family friendly, and most importantly they represented the characters very well.
Then we were given Bohemian Rapsody which was, and still is one of the best things the Muppets have done since the Disney took over.
They were winning Webby awards and fans were getting the Muppets back, and new younger fans were coming in. We need to get back to things like that, and from what I'm hearing these concerts are doing that, but sadly not everyone can go to those. If they streamed those the Muppets would be hot way hoter then they are now.
we have crossed this bridge lets move on Steve aint coming back.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Movies need to at least double their budget to break even. Muppets Most Wanted couldn’t double it’s 50 million budget even with worldwide box office factored in. That’s terrible for a franchise film. The fact that it only made 1.2 million domestically over it’s budget is just really sad.

Muppet fans really need to stop pretending this film wasn’t a financial failure.
It may not be a financial success which really upsets me, but I think it may become a cult following.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I haven't seen any formal, official announcement regarding the Muppets, though. Articles are saying "probably" and "maybe." Nothing official has been said thus far.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
So is this supposedly a "The Muppets" reboot, or is a full blown "The Muppet Show" reboot? Because when the prospect of the ABC show was first announced, the media framed it as a "The Muppet Show" reboot (which it turned out not to be)

Status
Not open for further replies.