New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avilos

Reaction score
Well maybe they are already here and you don't realize it....
Kermiggy will be said in the opening scene.

zoebell

Reaction score
i think focusing on the core group would be good: kermit, piggy, fozzie and gonzo. the other guys should have parts of course, but maybe delve into those friendships and relationships between the big four, so to speak. one of the things i did like about GMC was how much of a trio kermit, fozzie and gonzo were for a good chunk of it. i'd love to see something that explores the core characters and goes a bit deeper into who they are. you can only go so deep of course, but i do think you can go a bit deeper with the bigger characters (i don't think there's a whole lot more to animal or beaker, for example)

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Uuuuuuuuuuuugh, but I just can't wait!! Lol. Maybe they should write a few films, then shoot them all at once (like Lord of the Rings, Twilight, harry Potter, etc.), that way we could have a new theatrical movie every other month!!! :excited:

Or... how's about a new Muppet Show, Disney? Pretty please? Man, I'd love to have a new Muppet-Mayhem fix every week! :wink: That is, as long as the writing was absolutely magnificent of course. :big_grin: Cheers!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You bring up a good point. Take-charge Kermit has been largely missing for the last 20 years. MCC, MTI and MWoO involved Kermit playing supporting roles in classic literature. VMX largely portrayed a world without Kermit's leadership and he was mostly along for the ride in MFS and LTS. Funny enough, until the last half of last year's TM, only the poorly received KSY portrays a take-charge Kermit. It's time the classic character dynamics come back in a modern setting. I also wanna see more of the Kermit and Fozzie duo. They're fantastic together.
Kermit should have had a bigger, more comforting role to Gonzo in MFS. or even something vaguely supportive of Piggy and her news program. I can see Kermit stepping aside and giving the movie to Gonzo, but he just felt like he was there for branding reasons. I will say MTI he was sort of take charge near the end of the movie and he had some scenes of responsibility as the Captain. But we really need a more assertive Kermit this time around.

The last movie was forgivable because the whole plot centered around Kermit losing faith and Walter having to bring him back to his senses (which is a plot device I think everyone overlooked). But this time, we're either continuing the thread of the last movie or hitting the reset button just enough and Kermit can be his old jovial self again.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
NO! they don't need to write a movie based on what us fans like and disslike. they need to write what they want to write.
Yes yes yes. You will not please everyone. Someone out there is going to find faults. Sega still has not learned that lesson. Yeah, you do want to be receptive of fans, but don't let them dictate you

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe they can check this thread and consider the stuff that many of us here have suggested (like giving The Electric Mayhem their own number).

Somebody suggested not having one main villian, and that might be a good idea. Maybe two or three seperate villians who are not associated with each other. Though I can't think of too many movies with those kinds of villians (Spiderman 3 is the only one I can think of), but it could be like the Batman movies where they have seperate villians who work on their own but eventually join the other villians and work together. But then if that was the case would the movie be required to give too much screentime to the villians to truly develop them (though it seems most of the villians in Muppet movies don't really get that much screen time)?

Maybe the Muppets could do some sort of competition movie, like Rat Race or It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I wasn't saying they literally come on here and take our ideas people I was half joking. I know their not gonna please everyone that's literally impossible because everyone is gonna have different views and opinions but in some ways I don't think it hurts to get some feedback on what fans are looking for. I'm not saying literally write a script that fans want however don't ignore ideas either.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Maybe the Muppets could do some sort of competition movie, like Rat Race or It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.
This is what I've been saying. Hollywood's been wanting to remake It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World for a long time now - why not do it but with Muppets? It wouldn't be exactly the original plot (especially not that ending), but there's a way to do it. The only issue is that the Muppets would be split up for a bit, but it'd be neat to see certain team-ups.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
As long as the muppets are playing "themselves" in this one I'll be happy. I dont personally like when they role play. Probably why I didn't care for MTI or MCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.