New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonzoWaltsfan

Reaction score
That sucks, Rizzo was one of my favorites as well but Gonzo is my favorite along with now Walter {I'm glad hes going to have a big part in the next one} However, again I really hope Gonzo gets a bigger role this time around. I wish I was here to ask that person how big of a part he gets, all the scenes filmed has had Gonzo in them so maybe???

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not neccesarily. Pixar releases teasers and posters for their movies an entire year in advance. I can't see Disney passing up the opportunity to advertise the new movie with their major blockbusters this summer.
Pixar works on their movies well in advance too. The Muppets Again began shooting around a year before it's release date. Pixar films start 3 or so years in advance. Not to mention their teasers are just shorts. Seems like those shorts are made specifically for sizzle reals or something to get the project green lit. I notice that animated teasers come a year, maybe even 2 in advance. The Simpsons one did, Despicable Me 2... but live action films, unless extremely anticipated, never come out more than a year in advance. Not even Super Hero films.

I'd have to agree with you 10000000%, Gonzo needs to be in this movie more. Infact, I'd like all the Muppets to get more screen time in this movie, most of the secondary character's appearances in "The Muppets" kinda felt like "we're here too! Blink and you'll miss us" parts. If it means less Ricky Gervais...oh well :wink:
The last movie was problematic on that front for two reasons. First off, they needed a huge plot infodump before they got into the Muppets, and even then it got rolling fairly quickly. But the bigger problem was, there were too darn many Muppets in the film. The focus (if any) was on Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie. And, come to think of it, that's usually where the focus was in the older films. Just less Gonzo. Then we look at the last 3 modern films, and Gonzo got more focus than Kermit. Rizzo? He had some screen time in MTM, sure... but lest we forget, one line in a song in GMC.

I just want to see an even handed focus of the Muppets this go around. It was nice to see Link Hoghtrob get screen time and Wayne and Wanda making out. But we need a bigger focus on the main 4, then the band, Scooter and Rowlf, and then all the tertiary characters in that order. And hopefully Gonzo won't be demoted to very important plot point brick joke this time.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Gonzo and Rowlf needed some more screen time in the movie. Hope this changes in the sequel.
Well they were being reintroduced to the new generation but i fully agree Gonzo Rowlf Scooter EM Sam Chef

Robin i think should talk.... Matt Vogel can clearly do the voice as he did a couple times

And Pepe maybe would just love a joke or two from him.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Ok so those that have followed this thread might remember my earlier posts about my friend who worked at Pinewood.. To recap, i was hoping that he was able to get me onto the set during the shoot... Unfortunatly, as thought, this was an impossible mission as they were very strict. He did however manage to get me some autographs :smile:
I spoke to him the other day and will be seeing him over the next few days..
He has obtained signed publicity photographs of Steve, Eric, Bill and Ricky... Cant wait to pick these up.. I will share them with you all once i have them :smile:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Ok so those that have followed this thread might remember my earlier posts about my friend who worked at Pinewood.. To recap, i was hoping that he was able to get me onto the set during the shoot... Unfortunatly, as thought, this was an impossible mission as they were very strict. He did however manage to get me some autographs :smile:
I spoke to him the other day and will be seeing him over the next few days..
He has obtained signed publicity photographs of Steve, Eric, Bill and Ricky... Cant wait to pick these up.. I will share them with you all once i have them :smile:
Wow thats awesome! Did you see any filming?

Muppetlab

Reaction score
No unfortunatly not.. The studio stuff was a very closed set. And unfortunatly work got in the way of travelling to any of the locations :-(

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Oh well at least you got autographs! you are lucky i would kill for an autograph from any of them..

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Yea im really happy :smile:
Wasnt expecting anything so its a nice suprise :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.