New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yeah they should make an original song maybe.. hmmm with just obscure characters like you stated EM Sam Chef Rowlf Bunsen Beaker Scooter and Deadly... that would be awesome

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
On the subject of Teasers and Posters.

Last time, the film was released Thanksgiving, and didn't get a teaser until POTC 4. The end of May. I don't see a teaser coming out until, at the very earliest, late Summer, or at the more realistic, with Frozen in November. A poster seems likely around November as well. It would be great if Disney started marketing it right away, but I don't really see that happening for some time. Some movies get teasers and trailers a year in advance (sometimes more), some get it within a few months.

Though it would be a great time to start up some viral videos to remind people the Muppets are still around.
Not neccesarily. Pixar releases teasers and posters for their movies an entire year in advance. I can't see Disney passing up the opportunity to advertise the new movie with their major blockbusters this summer.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Not neccesarily. Pixar releases teasers and posters for their movies an entire year in advance. I can't see Disney passing up the opportunity to advertise the new movie with their major blockbusters this summer.
I expect we'll see some sort of advertising push by Thanksgiving, but trickles and teasers could come out sooner.

By the way, isn't there a D23 this year? I'd expect the Muppets to have a big part in that.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yeah i think its in august and they most defently will have a big part especially with TM2011 so sucessful and TMA coming soon :smile:

GonzoWaltsfan

Reaction score
I'm new here and have been catching up Muppets again spoilers so I pretty am up to date on whats going on. However, does any one know if Gonzo will be playing a bigger role here? Thats what I felt lacked the last one =[

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I'm new here and have been catching up Muppets again spoilers so I pretty am up to date on whats going on. However, does any one know if Gonzo will be playing a bigger role here? Thats what I felt lacked the last one =[
I'd have to agree with you 10000000%, Gonzo needs to be in this movie more. Infact, I'd like all the Muppets to get more screen time in this movie, most of the secondary character's appearances in "The Muppets" kinda felt like "we're here too! Blink and you'll miss us" parts. If it means less Ricky Gervais...oh well :wink:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Thank you!! Gonzo deserves more screen time along with Rizzo! However as far as Rizzo goes, it's hard enough to add him when Steve is preoccupied with Kermit. This time around, by the looks of things right now, Steve also has Constantine taking up screen time. It seems to me like Rizzo may be left in the dust again...

I'm still on the lookout for Disney's 2013 Sizzle Reel. Someone give me a heads up if you find it!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Thank you!! Gonzo deserves more screen time along with Rizzo! However as far as Rizzo goes, it's hard enough to add him when Steve is preoccupied with Kermit. This time around, by the looks of things right now, Steve also has Constantine taking up screen time. It seems to me like Rizzo may be left in the dust again...

I'm still on the lookout for Disney's 2013 Sizzle Reel. Someone give me a heads up if you find it!
From what another member has said, Rizzo will only get one line in this movie. It's too bad. The old Gonzo/Rizzo duo is classic. But with Steve's other duties, I can understand his little screen time.

Status
Not open for further replies.