New Muppet CD Title and Track List

petrieboy

Reaction score
I hate to be a grouch but...

This compilation is pretty great for someone who's not a big Muppet fan. In fact it's near perfect.
But The Muppets Take Manhattan deserves to be re-released on CD in its whole form. I won't complain as much about the first two Muppet soundtracks since they were on cd and I can fork over a hundred bucks if I have to to get them second hand when I'm rich.
But for hecks sake... let's get a cd devoted entirely to "Electric Mayhem" with all their hits plus a few new songs. It will sell like hotcakes.
Let's get "The Muppet Show Hits: Volume 1, 2, 3, and 4"
Let's get a 2 disc Fraggle Rock.
Forget it... lets just get "THE MUPPET SHOW SONG COLLECTION" BOX SET featuring 6 discs loaded with EVERYTHING.
I guess the problem is that this serves well for what it is- a compilation album and I'm not looking for a compilation album--- I'm looking for re-issues, remasters, complete individual cds. Anyone agree?

Stulz

Reaction score
Muppet CD's

I totally agree!!
I was surprised that they didn't release the MTM Soundtrack when it was rereleased on video and DVD by Colubia a few years ago.

I have the promo. for The Muppets comic strip that was given to newspapers to entice them to buy it for their paper. Anyway there's a section that shows of other Muppet merchandise and in the photo there is what indeed looks like a record with the Electric Mayhem on it.

Anyone know if this is for real? or what? I 've been searching for it for years.

EM ROCKS! They need a CD!!

Thanks.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I personally think this is pretty great news; the fact that they got a record deal in their current financial status is quite phenominal to me. I do think the title is a bit questionable, but I'm glad for any Muppet CD with original music.

This will be only the second Henson album to assemble tracks from different series, movies, etc., and put all on one record (the first being "Favorite Songs from Jim Henson's Muppets" way back in '86), so I think it's neat in those regards.

- Billy :cool:

Reaction score
The song "Who Let The Frog Out?" exists!

Hello everyone!

Having just seen the update at Muppet Central about the upcoming compilation CD tentatively titled "Who Let The Frogs Out?", I am compelled to let you guys know something. Hopefully, most of you out there will like this, but for some of you it may just add fuel to the fire.

My name is Luke Sienkowski, and I make comedy / parody music for "the Dr. Demento Show", and other similar comedy music based radio / internet audio shows, under the stage name "the great Luke Ski". Back on April 27th of this year, I released my latest CD of parody music "Uber Geek". One of the songs on this CD is "Who Let The Frog Out?", my full blown, all-out tribute to the legacy of Jim Henson and the Muppets. The song features me doing all the vocals as dozens of the classic Muppet characters, with Kermit as lead vocal in this Baha Men parody. The song has been played on "The Dr. Demento Show" twice, even making his "Funny Five Countdown". I wrote the song because I was fed up with every other comedian taking cheap shots at the Muppets with a lot of hackneyed cliched disrespectful crap, which I assume all of you are tired of as well (IE: Kermit and Big Bird get high jokes, Bert and Ernie are gay jokes, killing Elmo jokes, etc.).

I thought I'd at least mention it in here and give you a couple of links so you could all hear it for yourselves, and hopefully enjoy it. To hear a full length version, you can listen to this excerpt from an episode of "The Dr. Demento Show" which features the song:

http://www.drdemento.com/RealAudio/DrDemento0211Hour2.ram

There are 3 songs played before it, but if you're impatient, skip ahead to 10 minutes, 40 seconds into the stream, and you'll hear the song, with Dr. Demento's intro and outro.

If you're short on time and patience, you can hear a 30 second clip of the song at the following link:

http://media.cdstreet.com/artists/1235407/media/Frog_clip.mp3

I'd love to donate the song to Muppet Radio Online, if someone can assist me by telling me how to do that.

Anyway, I hope you all like "Who Let The Frog Out?". Feel free to post comments, or e-mail me if you'd like to find out how you can get a copy of the song for yourself. One final note; though my stage name is "the great Luke Ski", I am nowhere nearly as great as "the Great Gonzo".

Doing about seven knots,

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just sent you an e-mail. Looking forward to checking out your tribute.

Luke

Reaction score
From one Great Lukeski to another - that was fabulous - you really have a handle on all the voices. i will definitely be emailing you to find how i can get a copy !

AnthonyF3

Reaction score
I wholeheartly agree with your fellow Luke. Despite my hatred of Who Let the Dogs Out, I thought that was wonderful. The voices were excellent, the words were funny, what more do you need right?

Crazy, Man

Zoot

So . . . . . . . . how can I get a copy?

grail

Reaction score
just stop by an InConjunction...i'm sure he'll crash another one sometime

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
theGreatLukeSki

That was fantasic! great job!!

I like all the hidden muppet quotes in the song!
thanks for posting!

Zach)Rowlf the, I'd love to get a copy!Dog.

gags beasley

Reaction score
What is "LULLABY OF BIRDLAND"? Why is it on the same track of "MAHNA MAHNA"? Where's it from? Thanks!:big_grin: