New Muppet CD Title and Track List

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think it is really cool, that they are relesing so much stuff at the moment.

Why do you think that is?

I hope that I'll be able to buy this CD it sounds good and has some songs I havn't heard.

Does anyone know where I can get the John Denver and the Muppet's CDs?

GTG,
Beauregard:wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
I think it is really cool, that they are relesing so much stuff at the moment.

Why do you think that is?

Does anyone know where I can get the John Denver and the Muppet's CDs?
The reason why they are releasing so much stuff is that it's the 25th anniversary of the Muppet Show, and since being bought by EMTV, Henson's licensing prices and licensing conditions have been relaxed quite a bit to capitalise on this special year.

The John Denver CD can be found at Amazon.com pretty cheaply- last time i looked they had some in stock !

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the cover yet, but should soon. I'll post the picture here as soon as we can.

Jimmy (MuppetVision3D) just sent me a note that Billboard did a little feature on the Muppets anniversary including mention of this CD. Great find Jimmy! :smile:

Though silver and gold are the colors most often associated with big anniversaries, the entertainment industry is seeing green as it embraces the 25th anniversary of "The Muppet Show." In addition to a host of video releases, Rhino has compiled the album "The Muppets 25th Anniversary Celebration -- Who Let the Frogs Out," for a Sept. 17 release. The 27-song disc contains original songs from "The Muppet Show" and Muppets feature films, some of which have never been released on CD and/or have been out of print for almost a decade.

Columbia, which picked up rights to the Jim Henson Co. home entertainment library in 1997, will bring two "Best of the Muppet Show" collections on VHS/DVD to retail for the first time Sept. 3. Until now, the titles -- which contain three classic episodes each -- have been sold only via direct response as part of a TV campaign orchestrated by Time-Life. Featured episodes include appearances by Julie Andrews, Elton John, Mark Hamill, and Paul Simon.

"The direct-response campaign was a really successful one for Time-Life, and the videos have had so much exposure on television. So we thought it was the right time to bring them to retail," Columbia director of marketing Suzanne White says. "They really remind consumers of the great nostalgia of the show, and they have a variety of appeal to several markets."
Here's the link to the Billboard article on Paul McCartney, Willie Nelson, and The Muppets.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Well, another CD I probably won't buy. *sigh* But I might, who knows.

It just woulda been nice to see tracks that haven't been on any album before. And it annoys me that Scooter gets two songs from TMS, and what does Janice get? Not a dang thing. :mad:

Oh I know she's in CYPT and HH, but I thought this would finally be her time with "I Get By" or "Rockin' Robin", especially since the latter is on video and such a hit with Muppet fans. Bah.

Rufus

Reaction score
I never heard the Muppets From Space version of "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday", what's the difference between it and the Muppet Movie version?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rufus
I never heard the Muppets From Space version of "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday", what's the difference between it and the Muppet Movie version?
I don't know, and I don't wanna know...

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I DO NOT like 'Who Let The Frogs Out'.

It seems so second hand.

see ya

jeremyactor

Reaction score
The new "I'm going to go back there someday" is kind of hard to describe. It's a little more jazzy, but slower - and slightly more funkish. My girlfriend was able to download it, but I haven't been able to secure a copy for myself (yet....). It's interesting to listen to the old one and the new one and see how Gonzo's voice has changed - especially if you play Gonzo eating a tire to Flight of the Bumblebee next to "I'mGTGBTSomeday" - that's weird.

Jeremy

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey Byron,
Well, another CD I probably won't buy. *sigh* But I might, who knows.
Aw now, how come? It's a great compilation featuring tracks never before released on CD and your buying it will support the Muppets! :big_grin:
It just woulda been nice to see tracks that haven't been on any album before.
Yeah, that is rather poopy, but you know what? If this album does well, maybe we'll be rewarded and get a volume 2! *hopefull*
"I Get By" or "Rockin' Robin", especially since the latter is on video
Actually they're both on video. "With a Little Help from My Friends" is on volume 12 of the Time-Life VHS series (that's from where I made the MP3 for you) and "Rockin' Robin" is on one of the "It's the Muppets" volumes (I forget which one).

Well, I hope you change your mind about getting the CD. I think it's great there's going to be a new CD on the market for people to buy!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Actually they're both on video. "With a Little Help from My Friends" is on volume 12 of the Time-Life VHS series (that's from where I made the MP3 for you) and "Rockin' Robin" is on one of the "It's the Muppets" volumes (I forget which one).

Well, I hope you change your mind about getting the CD. I think it's great there's going to be a new CD on the market for people to buy!
Yeah I have the "It's the Muppets: More Muppets, Please!" video that RR is on, and I forgot bout IGB bein' on the Time-Life video (and maybe DVD)---I don't have any of those yet.

Well can I at least buy a copy without the IGTGBTS from MFS on it? I don't want the classic original to be ruined for me! lol

But I can't even afford a CD yet, so it's not a current issue...lol