1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    Our forum upgrade is on schedule for Saturday May 25 at 9 am central, 10 am eastern. The forum will be off-line for a minimum of eight hours.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppet CD Title and Track List

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Jul 27, 2002.

1. scarecroe

scarecroe Well-Known Member

I'll buy it for you as a gift! :D

As for trying not to taint yourself with the new IGTGBTS, you can always program the track out when you put it in your CD player!

2. Janice & Mokey's Man

Janice & Mokey's Man Well-Known Member

Aww, well, thanks for the generosity Scott, but I think I'll just wait on it a bit. :)

And yeah, I could always program IGTGBTS out, but then there'd be that SICK part of me would have the dang urge to actually PLAY it sometime just cause it's THERE and I know I DON'T wanna hear it...

*sigh*

*sings* "It's not easyyyyyyy bein' meeeeeeee..."

Really!

It's not!

lol

3. sidcrowe

sidcrowe Well-Known Member

Great track list; crummy title.

4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

holy cow...it cant be...an electric mayhem track on a cd? how long have we been waiting for that? yeah, the album name is a throwaway one, but if that helps it sell more so be it!

5. AnthonyF3

AnthonyF3 Active Member

Wow, man, that's some good stuff. I'm just glad to finally be able to get some of this stuff on a legal CD. Just one more reason for me to get back into the Muppets full time.

Crazy, Man

Zoot

6. ZootandDingo

ZootandDingo Well-Known Member

This is actually a pretty cool tracklist, although I'm grateful for practically anything since I never did find the 1993 CD reissues of the soundtracks.

But, am I the only one who is a little peeved that Rhino (or whoever made the actual choices) opted for "Together Again" instead of "Saying Goodbye?" I just think it is by far a more touching song, and certainly more memorable than "Together Again."

I just remember when Jim Henson passed away and one of the entertaiment news programs (I can't recall which one) simply aired that sequence to report it. Instead of coming off as sappy, it was actually a bittersweet moment.

7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yeah there's a couple tracks I'd like to change out myself, but keep in mind it's possible that some of these songs are being saved for a potential second volume depending on sales of the first one.

8. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

I don't think it's so much them choosing memorable tracks as to them keeping the tempo going on the CD. Looks like they have tried to keep things happy and very up tempo with just a few slower songs inserted here and there and when people remember the Muppets i think they remember more zany and happy so i think they got it bout right.

9. Prof Rukh Frink

Prof Rukh Frink New Member

CD list

Together Again and Saying Goodbye are in my opinion the main songs of the movie. I could have done without He'll Make Me Happy, since it fits better if the previous songs are with it.

I'm glad they're releasing this, but I really wish they would release the full soundtracks for the first three movies. I managed to get a copy of the Muppet Movie CD, and I found most of the MTM songs online, but I would still love a nice new CD.

10. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Well-Known Member

I think this is a great song list, things could still change and hey more songs could be released!

I thought when i read "who let the frogs out" it would be new songs songs by the muppets and i got kinda worried, i mean it would be funny to hear Kermit singing "who let the frogs out?!?"ribbit ribbit ribbit!"

Zack)Rowlf the, but that's more of a DOG song and i would hope to see it used on the new muppet show with rowlf the dog and a bunch of other muppet dogs":)Dog.

11. petrieboy

petrieboy Well-Known Member

I hate to be a grouch but...

This compilation is pretty great for someone who's not a big Muppet fan. In fact it's near perfect.
    But The Muppets Take Manhattan deserves to be re-released on CD in its whole form. I won't complain as much about the first two Muppet soundtracks since they were on cd and I can fork over a hundred bucks if I have to to get them second hand when I'm rich.
    But for hecks sake... let's get a cd devoted entirely to "Electric Mayhem" with all their hits plus a few new songs. It will sell like hotcakes.
    Let's get "The Muppet Show Hits: Volume 1, 2, 3, and 4"
    Let's get a 2 disc Fraggle Rock.
    Forget it... lets just get "THE MUPPET SHOW SONG COLLECTION" BOX SET featuring 6 discs loaded with EVERYTHING.
    I guess the problem is that this serves well for what it is- a compilation album and I'm not looking for a compilation album--- I'm looking for re-issues, remasters, complete individual cds. Anyone agree?

12. Stulz

Stulz Well-Known Member

Muppet CD's

I totally agree!!
    I was surprised that they didn't release the MTM Soundtrack when it was rereleased on video and DVD by Colubia a few years ago.

I have the promo. for The Muppets comic strip that was given to newspapers to entice them to buy it for their paper. Anyway there's a section that shows of other Muppet merchandise and in the photo there is what indeed looks like a record with the Electric Mayhem on it.

Anyone know if this is for real? or what? I 've been searching for it for years.

EM ROCKS! They need a CD!!

Thanks.

13. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt Well-Known Member

I personally think this is pretty great news; the fact that they got a record deal in their current financial status is quite phenominal to me. I do think the title is a bit questionable, but I'm glad for any Muppet CD with original music.

This will be only the second Henson album to assemble tracks from different series, movies, etc., and put all on one record (the first being "Favorite Songs from Jim Henson's Muppets" way back in '86), so I think it's neat in those regards.

- Billy :cool:

14. The song "Who Let The Frog Out?" exists!

Hello everyone!

Having just seen the update at Muppet Central about the upcoming compilation CD tentatively titled "Who Let The Frogs Out?", I am compelled to let you guys know something. Hopefully, most of you out there will like this, but for some of you it may just add fuel to the fire.

My name is Luke Sienkowski, and I make comedy / parody music for "the Dr. Demento Show", and other similar comedy music based radio / internet audio shows, under the stage name "the great Luke Ski". Back on April 27th of this year, I released my latest CD of parody music "Uber Geek". One of the songs on this CD is "Who Let The Frog Out?", my full blown, all-out tribute to the legacy of Jim Henson and the Muppets. The song features me doing all the vocals as dozens of the classic Muppet characters, with Kermit as lead vocal in this Baha Men parody. The song has been played on "The Dr. Demento Show" twice, even making his "Funny Five Countdown". I wrote the song because I was fed up with every other comedian taking cheap shots at the Muppets with a lot of hackneyed cliched disrespectful crap, which I assume all of you are tired of as well (IE: Kermit and Big Bird get high jokes, Bert and Ernie are gay jokes, killing Elmo jokes, etc.).

I thought I'd at least mention it in here and give you a couple of links so you could all hear it for yourselves, and hopefully enjoy it. To hear a full length version, you can listen to this excerpt from an episode of "The Dr. Demento Show" which features the song:

http://www.drdemento.com/RealAudio/DrDemento0211Hour2.ram

There are 3 songs played before it, but if you're impatient, skip ahead to 10 minutes, 40 seconds into the stream, and you'll hear the song, with Dr. Demento's intro and outro.

If you're short on time and patience, you can hear a 30 second clip of the song at the following link:

http://media.cdstreet.com/artists/1235407/media/Frog_clip.mp3

I'd love to donate the song to Muppet Radio Online, if someone can assist me by telling me how to do that.

Anyway, I hope you all like "Who Let The Frog Out?". Feel free to post comments, or e-mail me if you'd like to find out how you can get a copy of the song for yourself. One final note; though my stage name is "the great Luke Ski", I am nowhere nearly as great as "the Great Gonzo".

Doing about seven knots,

15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just sent you an e-mail. Looking forward to checking out your tribute.

16. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

From one Great Lukeski to another - that was fabulous - you really have a handle on all the voices. i will definitely be emailing you to find how i can get a copy !

17. AnthonyF3

AnthonyF3 Active Member

I wholeheartly agree with your fellow Luke. Despite my hatred of Who Let the Dogs Out, I thought that was wonderful. The voices were excellent, the words were funny, what more do you need right?

Crazy, Man

Zoot

So . . . . . . . . how can I get a copy?

18. grail

grail Well-Known Member

just stop by an InConjunction...i'm sure he'll crash another one sometime

19. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Well-Known Member

theGreatLukeSki

That was fantasic! great job!!

I like all the hidden muppet quotes in the song!
    thanks for posting!

Zach)Rowlf the, I'd love to get a copy!Dog.

20. gags beasley

gags beasley Member

What is "LULLABY OF BIRDLAND"? Why is it on the same track of "MAHNA MAHNA"? Where's it from? Thanks!:D