New movies coming out...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Reloaded

I just saw Reloaded. I must say that I didn't expect to be as wowed as I was with the original, but this one was mostly fizzle to me. I went away from the theater feeling kind of so-whatish. I mean, it was good, but just not great. The cinemaphatography, choreography and effects are top-notch, but the composition of the elements doesn’t have the same sort of energy as the original Matrix.

I didn't care for the pacing. The film took a while to get going (about 45 minutes), but when it does it's mainly one overly long action sequence after another. It just served to diffuse the impact after a while. There were also too many needless monologues. Every character seemed to get at least one three minute speech.

I want to make s it clear that I enjoyed Reloaded; it just wasn't the exciting ride I expected. You could probably skip this film and go straight to Matrix Revolution without skipping a beat.

It will make a fortune, die-hard fans will enjoy it, everyone will see the sequel, but I think most people will feel like it's missing something.

B-:sympathy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't that big on the first one, personally, either though. My brother saw Reloaded a couple of days ago, and he just seemed... overly excited about the whole thing. He had the same reaction I hava whenever I find out the Muppets are doing something new. However, his wasn't turned to the sudden upset that mine normally turns to when I find out the whole thing was just a rumor...

Anyway, I'll probably end up seeing it. It just isn't something I want to see in the theater.

One shocker, my MOM went to see it. She loved it! That was just... weird. She's also excited about seeing 2 Fast 2 Furious, another movie I'd rather not see.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
She's also excited about seeing 2 Fast 2 Furious, another movie I'd rather not see.
Ha! Me neither! Needless to say I was not a fan of the first one. :smirk:

radionate

Reaction score
I gotta say, I just watched the preview for the remake of Disney's Freaky Friday and I'm kinda pumped. The first one was a favorite of mine as a kid, and I've always loved Jodie Foster for as long as I can remember, so the thought of remaking one of her movies didn't impress me.

However, the cast (especially Jamie Lee Curtis, another fav of mine) looks splendid, and the humor top notch. I will see this one.

I just hope they don't continue to remake these classics. Mainly I'm talking about Swiss Family Robinson, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Pollyanna, and Old Yeller. These are untouchable to me.

Continuing on the Disney theme, I also saw a peek at Pirates of the Caribbean. The movie doesn't look like it will wow me, but I will be seeing it just to stare at Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp. Great actors and great fun to stare at!

I've not seen a promo for Haunted Mansion yet, but I could really care less about it. Eddie Murphey needs to hang it up, and Disney doesn't need to continue to find inspiration for films from their rides, unless they want to make a new "Splash Mountain" with all the Bre'r Gang. Space Mountain and Spinning Teacups don't seem like celluloid quality to me.

radionate

Reaction score
Duh. I forgot to post what I came into this thread to say in the first place.

9 DAYS TIL FINDING NEMO! WOO HOO!!!!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Re: Reloaded

Originally posted by frogboy4
everyone will see the sequel
not me.....i never liked the first one to begin with

ryan

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
IThe movie doesn't look like it will wow me, but I will be seeing it just to stare at Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp. Great actors and great fun to stare at!
Haha! Yes!

And I just saw "Down with Love" and I know most of you weren't interested in that but I found it enjoyable. It's a nice one to see if you're not interested in anything deep and just want to enjoy a fun, light comedy. With the huge added bonus of getting to stare at Ewan McGreggor AND listen to his Scottish accent:flirt: :flirt: (and he sings during the credits!!!:flirt: )

I'd also see Freaky Friday I think. The girl in it, Lindsey...um, Lohan I think...was in the Parent Trap remake too. But I agree, I hope they never remake "Swiss Family Robinson", that's one of my favorites too. They did actually do that once already though with a made for TV thing starring Jane Seymore.

Anyway, is anyone going to see "The Italian Job"? I want to because Edward Norton is in it. I read in EW though that he didn't want to do it but couldn't get out of it...or something...I'm not sure...I'll find the article again and see if it's more clear.

wolfy

Reaction score
radionate wrote:

9 DAYS TIL FINDING NEMO! WOO HOO!!!!
By any chance did you hear Dorothy on Good Day Live the other morning? She saw a preview of "Nemo" and LOVED IT. Said that it will be one of the best, funniest movies of the year. Steve and Jillian asked if it wasn't a kids' movie, and Dorothy replied that even if it is, it's one that everyone should go see.

Seems there is some buildup beginning (although it's getting slow started) for "Finding Nemo." Hope Pixar's new movie is worth it...even with the Disney logo attached...

I enjoy most of Pixar's movies; "For the Birds" has GOT to be one of my absolute favorites (I still laugh just thinking about it...all those BIG EYES...), and I always enjoyed watching the lamps (the mom and kid or the dad and kid as my son called them) when they were on Sesame Street waaaaaaaaaay back when...

Good luck, Nemo. Let's hope we all "hop in (your) mouth if (we) want to live..."
wolfy

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
...AND listen to his Scottish accent:flirt: :flirt:
I could fake one...

Besides, I dooo have some Scottish genes in me. They're plaid.

"Sotch is a drink. Scotts is a people. Both are delicious and highly intoxicating..."

wolfy

Reaction score
The main thing that keeps me from going to movies like "Down With Love"...?

Rene Zellweger.

Brrrrrrrr! She's becoming my "Julia Roberts" of the 2000s (in other words, if she's in it, I don't go...)

I loved how Jillian on "Good Day Live" can make the "Rene" face...all squinty eyes and puffy-face sucked in with that phony smile glued on.

Amazing how she has squinty eyes most of the time, but she makes them wide for movies...Do you think she keeps a second set on-set just for that?

Yes, I'm tearing down RZ...and no, I don't like her. Besides, what's wrong with the good old Doris Day-Rock Hudson-Tony Randall formula for good movies? Why try and change a good thing with someone like Zellweger, just because she got an Oscar and some Golden Globes? For heaven's sake, people, leave those old movies alone! Most of them are better done BEFORE the "new" Hollywood gets hold of them!
wolfy