New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

CMac

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Chris and I've been a lurker for a while now. Love the site and thought it was time for me to join. I'm really wanting to get started on making my own puppets and replicas and can't wait to pick your brains!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Brett here. I'm from Brisbane, Australia. Just here to introduce myself. Life long Henson fan, first time writer in the forum.

Self taught puppeteer. I learnt simply by mirroring Sesame Street/Fraggle Rock/The Muppet Show/Movies.

Grew up doing puppet shows for kids at school and at birthday parties.

I'm currently the 'Puppetry Consultant' in a local (but very professional) production of "Avenue Q", where I'm training the cast in puppetry. I'm also puppeteering on stage in the show, sharing the Nicky and Trekkie Monster roles with another actor.

My profile picture is from another theatre production called, "Puppets vs. People".

While I do a lot of local performances and theatre shows, I intend to get my act together and film some puppetry for YouTube to share with the world :smile:

My most favourite recent films are, "The Muppets" and "Being Elmo". Absolutely brilliant.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
:news: *ducking falling lurkers* Aaaaaah!

Rhonda: See? What did I tell you about mentioning them? WHAT did I tell you? He never listens.

Welcome in everyone!! Wow, more puppeteers, how awesome is that! As an absolutely uncoordinated nerd, I admire any artist who can work with their body like that. Bravo! Just remember a few simple guidelines:

1. Muffins are for throwing, not eating. The Chef makes them, and, well...
2. Do NOT encourage the penguins if they begin dancing and singing. Everyone here cringes at the recollection of the Great Black & White Tap Pant Fiasco.
3. If Bunsen asks you to "just hold this a moment"...run.

Enjoy! :smile:
---------------

bandit

Reaction score
Hi guys! Well Im here so suffice to say Im new to the forum and a fan. Duhr. Well, new here. Anyway but an old, long time fan of Muppets and Jim Henson creations. Its great to see this alive and kicking! Thanks for being around. Good to meet all you other wierdoes! ^_- V

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
:attitude: I trust you were NOT referring to ME! Uh...although it escapes me completely why ANYONE would interact with these hooligans...welcome in.

--------------

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
This is my first time on this website. When I never had this account, I'd look for stories that involve the Muppets. My favorite Muppets are all of them, like Fraggle Rock, Muppets, Sesame Street, and the Bear in the Big Blue House. I love the Muppets, but, if I had to choose just a group, I would definetly choose Dr.Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. Those guys rule! :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:

Now to show how I am a Muppet Freak, heres all of the sprites.:smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::wink::sympathy::shifty::rolleyes::confused::eek::big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo::hungry::attitude::fishy::sleep::boo::cluck::skeptical::ouch::grr: :news::crazy::oops::zany::electric::cry::scary::search::stick_out_tongue::frown::insatiable::wisdom::grouchy::super::batty::laugh::smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::busy::drool::jim::fanatic:

bandit

Reaction score
Hiya! Great to meet ya fellow newb. Yeah, ive always loved them too. Janice in particular gives me the giggles.....like fer suuure.