New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

oliviay75

Reaction score
Hello
This is my first post. I look forward to some more!
Happy St Patrick's Day from Ireland!
:excited:

Fezzik

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just found this site.

Hello and great to be here. :smile: I happened upon this site while messing around on Google. (A buddy and I were talking earlier about the band from the Muppet Show and we were both unsure if the organist was Dr. TEETH or Dr. TOOTH...LOL...quite a thing for two 35 year old men to be discussing, eh? :crazy:)

Anyhow, this place is just GREAT. I had NO idea there was such a fanbase on-line! For me, the Muppets as well as Sesame Street (Don't want to be puppet-misinformed here, ARE the characters on Sesame Street considered Muppets as well, or?) were a HUGE part of my youth. (Mainly the Muppets, but I thought it was just the coolest thing when there would be "crossovers"..like they would have Kermit on Sesame Street or vise versa..lol) My dad and I would always watch together, and he would laugh at things that I didnt quite "get" until later in life. We also went to the first two films together and I was blown away, as was most of the theatre. A bit later when we saw The Dark Crystal with a couple of my buddies, I was amazed and floored, maybe moreso. Henson, Froud, Oz, and countless other master puppeteers and staff members shaped my life in many ways, and I'm quite sure the lives of many many millions as well. I'll always hold these characters in my heart and am not ashamed to admit that even though I'm 6'7", 350 pounds that I still start to get choked up when I see and hear 'The Rainbow Connection' and see the scene from the Dark Crystal where the elder dies. Just amazing stuff from a group of men and women that believed in higher ideals and that the human race could do and be better than to mistreat each other and be negative....I wonder if world society as a whole really k n o w s the impact that Jim Henson and company r e a l l y had and continue to have...

Anyhow, sorry if that was a little long-winded there, so great to be here! :smile:

Please take care everyone and be well...

Regards,

Fezzik

dented

Reaction score
Hey all, just another muppet addict from the greater Orlando area. I spend all my money on muppet products, and I have some friends at Disney, so I usually keep track of whats coming out at the Orlando parks.

dmoss

Reaction score
@Oliviay: Welcome! Happy St. Patrick's Day from the USA! Hope you have a fun time around here, and don't be afraid to jump-in and join everyone! :embarrassed:

@Fezzik: Hello! First off: welcome, and post to your heart's content! I can remember finding Muppet Central for the first time, and having the same feeling! It's incredible to know there are so many Muppet fanatics out there, just like us!

Also, the Sesame Characters are Muppets! :insatiable: Have a great time!

@TRP: Welcome to MC, and it looks like you have some very nice puppets on your site; you have some really interesting designs! Enjoy the boards! :smile:

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Patrick, you can call me Shadow Pumpkinh here in the forums. I love the Muppets since I was a kid. I've started a fanfic with the Muppets and Daria. I hope you like it.:shifty::rolleyes::smile:

dmoss

Reaction score
Hi, shadow! Welcome to MC! Hope you have a good time, and post lots!

The Muppets and Daria, ya say? That'd be an interesting combination, methinks! Have you posted it here on the boards yet, the suspense is killing me!

@dented: I'm so sorry I missed you earlier! The boards didn't tell me there was another page that you had posted on...shame on vBulletin! At any rate, welcome! You've only posted twice...that's not enough! Jump in with everybody; it's a lot of fun around here! :smile:

dmoss

Reaction score
Howdy, Kermie! Welcome to the boards, and have a good time! (I like The Muppets, too.) :wink: