New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
If you like reading fanfic at all my newest story is centered on Mokey and Cantus.
Hi Redsonga,

Oh I definitely want to read your story, I have to make a point of doing that. From what I hear you're a dynamo writer, so I am looking forward to seeing what you have to show. I'll definitely give it a read and then give you a nice long review on it. :smile:

Thanks for the nice welcome, I think I will definitely, and quickly become addicted to being here. This seems such a wonderful place to hang my hat.

I'm going to go and read your story now, see you on that thread. :excited:

Yva

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Welcome YvaMinstrel. May your days here be filled with joy, laughter, and more Muppety goodness than you can shake a stick at.
Oh that's what I'm counting on. Thanks for posting the lyrics to that wonderful song and for the wonderful welcome.

Incidentally, one of my solos as a child was 'Rainbow Connection', so I really got into the music of the muppets early on. That was always one of my favorite songs, and I still have the sheet music for it. :sing:

Vintagephreak

Reaction score
Old fan, new forum member

Hi all,

Martin from Norway here, great to be part of a hensonite forum at least! I've been a huge Muppet fan since the late seventies when the original Muppet series were broadcast over here (never dubbed, thank god). The show had a tremendous impact on my childhood and imagination, and in the eighties Fraggle Rock rekindled my Muppet addiction. Also a huge fan of the movies The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, as the Henson sensibility for mature but entertaining production values permeate every project he was ever involved in. Anybody else from Norway in here, by the way?

Martin:big_grin:

Anij

Reaction score
This is Anij from Germany

Hello! First of all, I'm still trying to improve my English. So I hope my mistakes - which I undoubtedly will be making - won't drive you folks mad.
I'm 33 years old and live near Stuttgart. I work in the laboratory of a factory that produces paint and coatings.
I have a general interest in science, I collect minerals and stones, I have two cute guinea-pigs (both females called Emily and Dharma).
My favorite place is our local zoo called Wilhelma. I work there as a voluntary (without payment) and guide visitors and tell them about the animals, the plants and the history of the park.
I grew up watching Star Trek and The Muppet Show and our German version of the Sesame Street. One of the first movies I watched in cinema was Labyrinth which is still my favorite movie.
I believe what we read or watch as children influences our personality more than anything else afterwards. I learned to respect life, became curious about science and nature. David Bowie is still my favorite singer. I listen to his music every day. Because I wanted to understand the songs, I started to learn more English than I needed to pass the school tests.
I watched Labyrinth very often on DVD but everytime I see something new what I hadn't noticed before. There are so many little details. It's made with so much love. It's also fascinating that a girl is doing the adventure stuff.
Jim Henson seemed to understand children very much and knew what they have to go through when they grow up.
I'm glad that I'm a child of the 1970s and -80s. That was a great time.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Welcome Martin. May your MC days be filled with mirth and joy.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Welcome My1stCrushErnie & Anij. May your days here being joyous and filled with happiness.