New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Where do I begin? I was a 20something living in NYC and already familiar with Rowlf and the Muppets when the series began to air. I had a Muppet Show poster on my bedroom wall and was not far from the Henson Company townhouse that served as their headquarters. A fairly nondescript building with some fun stuff in the upper windows, it felt like walking by the Wonka factory, you could only imagine the magic inside. When Muppets Take Manhattan started filming in town, I happened across the whole core Muppet gang trudging down a street with Jim, Frank, etc underneath on a big dolly. I knew not to disturb them and had to be somewhere, so I didn't linger. Not long after, a casting call went out for extras. When I went in, the same casting director who'd used me in two other movies announced that she would not be deciding who was cast, and the Muppet people would be choosing. She said "If you don't get cast, you're just not Muppet material." I wanted it badly, so I tried to "Think Muppet." Sitting up straight and wide eyed, probably looking eager and game, a Muppet guy came by pointing to people "...and You!" I was chosen! I was there a whole day for the college audience scene. Jim explained what their jobs were like, "Everybody put your arm up over your head..."
Wow! A real Muppet movie extra!

Garan Grey

Reaction score
Where do I begin? I was a 20something living in NYC and already familiar with Rowlf and the Muppets when the series began to air. I had a Muppet Show poster on my bedroom wall and was not far from the Henson Company townhouse that served as their headquarters. A fairly nondescript building with some fun stuff in the upper windows, it felt like walking by the Wonka factory, you could only imagine the magic inside. When Muppets Take Manhattan started filming in town, I happened across the whole core Muppet gang trudging down a street with Jim, Frank, etc underneath on a big dolly. I knew not to disturb them and had to be somewhere, so I didn't linger. Not long after, a casting call went out for extras. When I went in, the same casting director who'd used me in two other movies announced that she would not be deciding who was cast, and the Muppet people would be choosing. She said "If you don't get cast, you're just not Muppet material." I wanted it badly, so I tried to "Think Muppet." Sitting up straight and wide eyed, probably looking eager and game, a Muppet guy came by pointing to people "...and You!" I was chosen! I was there a whole day for the college audience scene. Jim explained what their jobs were like, "Everybody put your arm up over your head..."
It was years before I could find myself in the scene because I was cropped out for old square TVs. Now I'm not hard to find.

I'm in LA now, where the Henson studios has the same Wonka Factory vibe when you walk by. A couple months ago Brian's Puppet Up! Improv show was done there and I was in the front row. Brian's appealing personality came through as he explained their history and repeated my thought about their headquarters feeling like the Wonka factory. My Muppet interests began to surge and after looking for a practical Rowlf and Fozzie, I fell into collecting Whatnots. The current goal is to make short videos to amuse my 100 year old father who's 3000 miles away. I'm looking for whatnot outfits and have been buying workshop kits looking for eyes, noses, etc. I've figured out how to remove stains and residual Velcro fuzz. My plan is to clean up the puppets, keep four and sell off the extras. I'm particularly interested in carefully removing the eyes, nose and hair of a custom whatnot so I can rearrange it like the others.

Uncledeadly12

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm Uncledeadly12, (or more appropriately, Bratten) I am very excited to be here! If you couldn't tell by my nickname, I really love Uncle Deadly. I used to be terrified of him believe it or not, but eventually all of that fear had gone away and now he's one of my favorite characters! I really hope I can get to know everyone here.

MuppetFANGIRL

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm new here. I'm a big fan of The Muppets and Disney shows. I also enjoy sharing my knowledge of television schedules past and present. I was wondering if I can start a thread related to current Disney Channel news/schedules and current Nickelodeon news/schedules? and I was also wondering if I can start a thread for archived Disney Channel/Nickelodeon schedules? and if yes, where is the best place to start these threads?

KermootsTea

Reaction score
I am fairly new to the Muppets, so I will not call myself a super fan, but I am certainly a fan. I love all the Muppets, but I like Fozzy, Scooter, and Kermit the best. I love the songs in the Muppets! We're Doing A Sequel and Rainbow Connection are the best. I am currently trying to buy the Electric Mayhem's first album! Bye!!

AriXX97

Reaction score
What's up? Call me Ari. I am a late-70 to early-80s era Sesame Street nerd. I, for some reason have a weird crush on the Count as well as his next door neighbor, the Amazing Mumford. Keep in mind that I am the kind of person who often abides by the rules. Of course, I am highly intolerant people who spam rude, selfish demands that are bad enough to be considered harassment, considering that I strongly disapprove of demanding certain things and being rude and picky about it. Believe me, I've been there not long ago on the VeggieTales wiki. It was so obnoxious I ended up reporting the person who was harassing me to one of the administrators. I am also a fan of non-muppet related things such as Mr. Men and Little Miss (the 90s series, for anybody whose ever heard of it), VeggieTales (the 90s and early-2000s era), and SpongeBob SquarePants (mainly Season 1, I mean I am a sucker for cel animation). Thank you for meeting me. Peace.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I am a Fraggle. I left Fraggle Rock years ago and I've been living in the basement of some Silly Creature's house for ages now. He hasn't noticed me yet. I can tell you more about myself if you'd like.

Last edited: