New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

ginzop

Reaction score
HI! ANIMAL BEAT DRUMS! yea... my fave characters are Animal,Rowlf,Kermit,Fozzie,and Gonzo! and i'll do good here! anyone show me something, like a tour? i play the piano and drums!:halo::sympathy:
hii my name is jodie im a special need teens ar four a school im going to

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Heigh-Ho! Jonny Brangwynne here! Fellow cartoonist and puppeteer. (LOL, I RHYME-ED!)

I've been a contributor to Muppet Wiki for four years, although my account, Jbrangwynne53, did not come until two years later. On YouTube, I'm also known as Jbrangwynne53 (BTW, I've been on hiatus from YT for the past month, since my I'm not able to log in anymore). My artwork can be seen on my deviantART profile: JonnyBCartoonMan (quite a stretch from this account, ain't it?). I’m new around here, so I shall tell you a little about myself, or at least the “Muppet part” of it anyway.

The Muppets have been a part of my whole life. Sure, I remember watching Sesame Street in my childhood (I was born in '91. So yes, I grew up with the 90's SS. I also had older SS vids from the 80's, so I got a bit of taste of Classic SS), and same with Fraggle Rock, and later, The Muppet Show. But, when I was 9, it took one A&E Biography special which focused on Sesame Street to clinch my love for the Muppets.

It was the first time I learned about the life of Jim Henson, from his birth to his unfortunate passing. It was also the first time I saw Sam and Friends and the early commercials he made. Since then, I've taken quite an interest in Jim's strange and unique early work. But, most important, it was the first time I saw Jim and Frank Oz, as well as Carroll Spinney and others, at work bringing these characters to life.

From that time on, I have always known what I wanted to do: To be a part of The Muppets (if not to get into the animation biz.)

Kitschykat

Reaction score
Hi all,

I worked building props for Muppets Tonight in 1997 and it was the best job I ever had!

Kurasu

Reaction score
Hiya there! My name is Trey, and I'm an old-timer Sesame Street and Muppet Show fanatic. I grew up with Canadian Sesame Street as a constant part of my diet, and can still remember every one of the classic bits I used to love. I popped in here chasing a couple videos that I've been looking for forever, and decided that rather than purely be a leech, I'd at the very least introduce myself and make sure people know there's a real person behind the big-eyed episode hunter. :big_grin:

Lilteacupbaiby

Reaction score
I'm new here so i hope i'm posting properly. All of the puppets I have seen are absolutely terrific and have served as such an inspiration. I can't wait to make my own!:smile: Thank you to all that have given advice to newbies like me and have posted pictures. Please keep posting because i'm sure i will need HELP! :excited:

wolfmanjaq

Reaction score
Hey there y'all! This is Wolfmanjaq (pronounced like the Classic DJ just spelled different)I've been a muppet fan since I was a Young boy.I've played the Dvd's for my kids and grandkids just to make sure they get their daily dose of Muppetonium (important for growing minds and bodies.) and Mr. Henson has had such an influence on me that I"ve made literally hundreds of puppets from when I was little well into my adult years.I have incredible fun using them with my kids and now with my grandkids. Fantasy and creativity is almost a daily thing in their lives when they're at my house. any way,I tend to babble when I type about something I care about and muppets,puppetry & family is definitely under that category...It's great to be here.thanks for the opportunity.:smile:

Linny

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Linny :smile: I love puppets, they're far more interesting than real people. I thought I'd say helloo! Hope you're all well x

HauntedPuppet

Reaction score
Hi

Im new to this forum (but not new to forums so play nice). Im a 34 year old Puppet Addict. From Muppets to Peter Jackson's "Feebles", I love 'em all.

I have been trying to make puppets but not with as good success as I would aspire to. This is why I have joined this forum, Of course I am a Henson fan but Puppet Making and Puppetry are my reasons.

King Rupert

Reaction score
I have been reading these forums for years... and finally decided to jump in today.

I have always felt the Muppets keep me young, and just recently started to get into puppetry myself. I am now at a crossroad where my talent has out grown my tools. I have been using an old Animal puppet from the 70's and his plastic mouth and eye brow trigger are just too much of a pain at this point. I have contacted Michelle at puppet planet, and I am hoping to get up to speed with a new puppet soon!

Happy February Everyone!