New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums jbax, I look forward to hopefully seeing some of your creations in the puppetry section.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've been a lurker on this site for awhile and finally decided to sign up and join in on the conversations. I'm really into the Muppets and enjoy watching the movies and shows; and digging around on the Web learning new and interesting facts and tidbits about everything Muppet-related!

The Professor

Reaction score
I've been a Muppets fan practically since birth. However, I only recently rediscovered my love for the art of Jim Henson. This is a great site. Between this and the Muppet Wikia, I've caught up on all things in the Muppet world. 2010 is going to be great!

jkeller

Reaction score
Hi, I have revisited Sesame Street after 30 years...
My daughter learned so much as a toddler from this show...now I am sitting for my Granddaughter and so it begins again....
She loves Murray and I was wondering if there is a Murray doll out there...any leads would be helpful.
Fast story....when my daughter was 1 1/2 she was in a department store with me and pointed to the EXIT sign...she exclaimed, "Mommy, look EXIT, E-X-I-T, EXIT." Well, everyone around me turned in disbelief she knew and asked how old...Sesame Street at it's finest hour! :smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
YAY for Sesame Street. Welcome, Jkeller

As for the doll, there is a merchandise section. If you ask about it there I'm sure someone could help you out.

Abby517n

Reaction score
Hi, I have revisited Sesame Street after 30 years.
My daughter learned so much as a toddler from this show...now I am sitting for my Granddaughter and so it begins again....
She loves Murray and I was wondering if there is a Murray doll out there...any leads would be helpful.
Fast story....when my daughter was 1 1/2 she was in a department store with me and pointed to the EXIT sign...she exclaimed, "Mommy, look EXIT, E-X-I-T, EXIT." Well, everyone around me turned in disbelief she knew and asked how old...Sesame Street at it's finest hour! :smile:
Dear Jkeller,
I am not 100% sure if there is a Murry doll around .But I bet you if you visit some stores that have toys maybe they would have the doll your looking for. But I wouldn't count on it so don't get your hops up unless they might have another doll that your granddaughter might like.What's her favorite Muppet Characters name. How old is your granddaughter? I bet you will find something special for your granddaughter soon.Tell her that I said hi.

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
Hi-ho, everyone! I've been lurking around this forum for a while now, and today I finally got around to joining.

My entire childhood revolved around the Muppets. While every other 90's kid dragged a Barney doll around with them everywhere they went, I had my stuffed Kermit that I simply could not function without. My favorite tapes growing up were It's the Muppets: Meet the Muppets (though to my five-year-old self, it was simply The Muppet Show) and The Great Muppet Caper. And of course, thanks to the Muppets, I learned the classic stories of A Christmas Carol and Treasure Island.

My two favorite characters would have to be, as you can probably tell by my username, Beaker and The Swedish Chef. I used to run around with wooden spoons yelling, "Bork! Bork! Bork!"

I love to act, and I'm currently a theatre major in college. Looking back, it was The Muppet Show that sparked my interest in theatre and made me want to become a performer. It was the first time I had heard such terms as "strike the set" and "stand by for the opening number". The first time I saw Kermit's "Happy Feet" sketch, I would go about singing the song and attempt to tap dance around the house.

Jim Henson is my hero. I would have loved to have met him. He passed away before I was born, but that doesn't mean I don't miss him terribly.

Creideiki

Reaction score
Hello. I've been lurking for a few weeks, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a long time Muppet Show fan. Watched all the episodes on TV and now am getting them on DVD from my family.

My favorite character is Rowlf the Dog. :sympathy: What a great straight man he makes! My family couldn't find much in the way of Rowlf memorabilia, so they give me Kermit stuff. :smile:

I actually joined this forum hoping to get some help with a little project I'm working on. I got an Acer Aspire One, blue, for 2 trips to China (one down, one to go). I was hoping to put Gonzo on the case in some way so that it looked like the netbook was Gonzo's head. No luck so far, just a few crazy ideas.

Anyway, thanks for this great forum!

<C>

SnowthOnTheLeft

Reaction score
Hi-ho there. Name's Sara, though around here, I'll answer to "Snowth" just as happily. I'm a longtime Muppet fan who has recently started doing a little more research on all things Muppet related (though I still can't find a satisfactory explanation for how the "Teeny Little Super Guy" segments were animated). Favorite Muppets are a tough choice, but I'm very partial to Cookie Monster. I'm here to chat about Muppets, keep up to date on what's happening, and show off my new Whatnot. Look forward to meeting all of you.