New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

JP Grosse

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here too, also been lurking around for a while. I'm an I.T contractor for a financial institution in Southern England. I've loved the Muppets since i was a child. Can anyone make me a JP Grosse avatar? Remember Scooter, i own the Theater! HA!

Ketan

comfused

Reaction score
hi there,

new here .. and all exited about this site
my passion about Jim's work is growing every day

the fraggles, the muppets, dark Christal, Labyrinth, ..

I love them all

Recently I started searching information about puppeteering, so all info is welcome.

I'm looking for an hand-puppet of Kermit in particular .. but don't seem to find one

so please .. help

hope to enjoy this forum,

Tim

uberfrau

Reaction score
Hiya! Well, I just found this forum (and muppet radio! ooo ooo!) after having been to the site several times over the last couple years.

Anyway, hi! I'm glad to know there are so many muppet fans still out there! I'm not alone!

-Uberfrau

daniel0son

Reaction score
Welcome All!

Enjoy the fun and leave the Palisades Wedding set for me.

CousinLuke

Reaction score
Welcome. You have found the most sane forum in the world!!!

or at least in the Muppet internet world...

OK, maybe not.

Sam Bald Eagle

Reaction score
Hi all
My real name is Andrew. I live in Sydney Australia and have been a profesional puppeteer for about 13yrs now.

I have been a Henson fan since before I could walk. The Muppets and anything Henson is what got me into puppetry in the first place. My first foray into building puppets was trying to copy muppets at age 6, my first performances were copying entire muppet shows with the puppets I had.

I collect any thing Muppet/ Henson, my first memory of any gift I got was the fragle rock hard cover activity book published by "grand dreams" aprox 1983. My pride and joy though is my Kermit the Frog hand puppet, which I've converted to a pro style muppet( with rods and all).

I have just started to design and build my own animatronic/ cable control puppets. My dream is to perform for Henson on a series or film.

Its great to finally Meet people who are as fanatical, I mean obsessed, I mean intrestred, Oh who am I kidding I mean nuts about the Muppet Show and anything Henson!

I hope this will Be the start of something great

Andrew McDougall
Sam Bald Eagle

P.S. Forgot to mention my favorite Character is

Fozzie Bear

Kye

Reaction score
Hi All. I found your site about 3 or 4 months ago. I was trying to find out more info on the new line of figures from palisades and I have been visiting everyday since.
My love for the muppets is an unusaual story. I was an Orphan, kinda didnt have a family of my own... remember that this can devistate a 6 year old. Then one day at a placement they showed the Muppet Movie. I was six years old But I remember how my philosophy of life changed forever. I remember the Phrase "Yeah, well, I've got a dream too, but it's about singing and dancing and making people happy. That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. And... well, I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream. And that makes us like a family." and hearing "i'm Going to go back ther someday" and " the Magic Store" And I fell in love with my new celebrity family of fur and felt. These were the first creatures that I identified with. My Career Emulated Kermits, and I attribute much of my sucsess as an adult to my cast of muppet friends. How weird does that sound.? Pretty messed up, I know but I am actually very well adjusted... And I wouldnt want my Life any other way.

Thats my story of how I found the muppets or how they found me. Strangely enough, I have been a closet Muppet fan all my life, and finally at 27, with a little boy of my own... I found myself singing all the songs that I loved growing up, to him, and thus my love has reemerged and I no longer hide it. My Muppets Plush, lunchboxes, dvd's and new Palisades Characters Decorate my house and office. I am now Proud.

-Kye

radionate

Reaction score
Welcome Kye!

Are you syndicated, or just local for Radio Disney?

(I might have to hit you up for a job!)

Kye

Reaction score
Job

Radionate,

Currently I'm the local DJ for Louisville , KY and I move to Orlando in 2 weeks! But I will only be Local. I unfortunately dont have any pull as far as the hiring goes... and if you hit me it might hurt!:smile:

radionate

Reaction score
I DJ for 94.1 the Buzz in Memphis, but I'm itching to move to another market.

Thought I might have to shake you down! LOL!