New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

gwyn_la_faire

Reaction score
Me again!

I forgot to say that I almost became a puppeteer because of the Muppets. Drove my high school "career counselors" nuts with that choice! I still like to make puppets, but I'm too chicken to perform. :wink: However, I was a bellydancer, too! (How I got up the courage to do THAT I'll never know!) Funny how many things a group of people can have in common...

One question I have for y'all -- how do you put those cool "stickers" of a character over to the left of your message? I want to do that!

Reaction score

Hi Everyone.

I'm new here of course. I have always loved the muppets. My sisiter showed me this website a couple of months ago and I always check it out now and then. I'm a Graphic Designer. I just graduated from Pittsburgh Technical Institute. I guess that's all for now.

Adrianne

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Let me be the first one to welcome you to the forum. (or, you know, at least the second)

You'll find things are a bit boring around here...

*Sweetums gets chased by Gonzo in his cannon in the background*

We like to keep thingssort of a relaxed nature...

*Sweetums eats Gonzo*

But, if you give us a chance...

*Swedish Chef comes out with a clever chasing after Sweetums, muttering something about stew*

I'm sure we'll meet up to...

*Sweetums eats the Chef*

Your Muppety expectations.

*Crazy Harry runs out and blows everything to smitherines*

Doogied

Reaction score
Have you heard the Radio yet?

Hey Deb! (You're name is my name tooooo.....)
I hope you found the station and were able to listen to it at home. I guarantee you will be hopelessly hooked like me. Listen to it with your kids (if you have any, and someone elses if you don't) and watch how cool you'll become when they hear you singing to songs that they thought only they knew... Have a good day!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
As the other big wigs have done, I'd just like to say welcome to all the new people here. Its good to see such an active Muppet fanbase. Hope to post with you all soon.

WELCOME!! :big_grin:

-Matt

puppets_etc

Reaction score
radioed

Hey all! Haven't had a chance to listen to Muppet Radio yet.
Unfortunately, I don't usually get home from classes until 8:30 or so and at that time I have to tuck all three girls into bed (even the two teenagers!). It will have to wait until Saturday, but it will happen and I'll let you know my thoughts.

Well, maybe not all of them!

Also, if anyone can recommend any sources, I am doing a research paper on puppetry for my writing class. The instructor said we could do anything we wanted, so...........

bernie

Reaction score
hi!

i'm another new/old member and wanted to introduce myself. i have been a reader/lurker for a couple of years now but only just got around to reading the forums and occasionally posting.

i have been in love with kermit the frog since i was 2 and watched him on sesame street. i bawled in the grocery story when i saw the kermit/henson life magazine cover on the shelf. i smile reading everyone's fond memories of muppets. my username is what my baby sister used to call bert & ernie-- they were both just "bernie".

currently i make and sell puppets as a small business/large hobby. i make kid-sized simple hand puppets and finger puppets and i love every minute of it. it is not lucrative work, but rewarding, and that's what really counts. it is a real delight to see kids and adults light up when they see a puppet. puppets make people smile.

greetings and thanks to the muppet central staff for a great site!

-- Becka / Bernie

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Welcome all!

It's good to see some new faces around here!

Er, by the way, bernie? Like the name combo! That's cool!

Kermie81

Reaction score
Hello

Hi,
I'm a new member here. Actually I've been to this site many, many times but I've never taken part in the discussions. I signed up due to the Cake Spotting...should be fun.

I love the Muppets. Kermit being my favorite.
Last summer I went to Canada, I'm from New York, and the one thing I bought were Scottie Tissue boxes with the Muppets on them. I thought they were cool. And I'm not opening them :smile:

And I don't know what else to say.
Good luck to everyone who's looking for the cakes.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Enjoy the hunt. I actually haven't been home during ANY of them yet. Today's the first.

Enjoy this Most Sensational, Inspirational, Muppetational, and crazy site.