New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

KTremb

Reaction score

Hello. My name is Kathy and I'm so glad that I found this forum!!
I've loved the Muppets since I was a child. I even wanted to be a puppeteer
for Henson Studios at one time in my life. When I was 11, I wrote to Jim Henson. I received a signed letter back from Jim on Kermit stationary and a signed picture of Fozzy. I cherished those for a long time. Alas, I don't have them anymore. My childhood home burned down when I was 17.
I still try to keep up with Muppet related matters. I love Animal & have a stuffed doll of him!! I'm still in search of Beeker.
I hope to make many friends here that have the same passion for puppets that I do. Thanks.:halo:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, that's one heckuva' story, Kathy! I'm sorry about your house burning down, but welcome to a great and fun forum! Make yourself at home, feel free to ask lots of questions and have some root beer!

kafkathedog

Reaction score
Hello

Just thought i'd say hello.

I'm a puppeteer and puppet maker (marionettes primarily but sometimes shadow) living and working in sussex (England). Most of my work is for TV or marketing avenues but I would love to do some more filmwork.

I have always liked the muppets and fraggles and I loved the dark crystal - can't wait for the sequel.

Although I wouldn't know where to start making the fleece, hand and rod type puppets, I will gladly share my experience of marionettes and marionette making if anyone has any questions.

Whispers

Reaction score
Hello all I'm New :]

Hey I'm Gabriel :smile: I have been a huge fan of puppetry for basically as long as I can remember. I have a passion for puppetry and building puppets as well. I made my first 3 puppets when I was 12 years old [4 years ago] and currently just finished a blacklight puppet and am remodeling an old one and working on a new one.
Muppets have been a HUGE impact on me, I loved them as a small kid and love them now. I loooooved Fraggle Rock :excited: and was always amazed at the skill of the puppeteers and of course the actual Muppets had a bigger impact on me. Seeing Miss Piggy swim, watching Rowlf play the piano, and the whole gang on bikes amazes me. One of my favorite films was Muppet Treasure Island:flirt:
Well I look foward to being here often and perhaps helping others out and recieving help as well. And also to discuss one of the greatest legacies in puppetry :]

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Welcome to everyone I haven't yet said hello to! Wow, a whole new batch of puppeteers!
:smile:

zingaman

Reaction score
Hello!

Hey fellow fans.
Newbie here! Been a Muppet and Henson fan for as long as I can remember.
I was fortunate enough to meet Jim Henson in 1987 while in college. I was invited to visit the set of "A Muppet Family Christmas" which was being shot at CFTO studios in Toronto. A friend of mine and I spent most of the day there watching production and at one point I was introduced to Jim. Unfortunately, I didn't think to bring a camera or even get an autograph. but it was a thrill nonetheless to shake the mans hand. I will remember the day forever.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Welcome to MC,to all our new forum member.I'm JaniceFerSure aka Diana.I hope you all enjoy your stay here and have yourselves a fun ol' time.

Yabba Dabba Doo!

*throws a penguin and confetti*

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Welcome, Zingaman. What a great story! :excited:

By any chance, do you remember what scene they were filming that day?