New book of Jim Henson's Wisdom due in September

BEAR

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
I've looked through Jim Henson's book at work(not the same cover as posted in Phillip's article).I'm definately going to buy it when I can get a chance.The book is full of performers quotes,songs,inspiring antidotes.Highly recommend this as a new addition to any muppet fan.:excited:

The cover that everyone expected on the book (the sillouette of Jim with Kermit) is going to be on the cd instead.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I got the book, I love it. It is a great little book and I suggest that eveyone picks up a copy as soon as possible. As a greedy little fan I wish it was longer (but no matter how long they make it, I'll always want more :wink: ), I just love this kind of stuff. It is really nice. A great book (up there with "The Works", and "Designs & Doodles")!

I also got my copy of the "audio compainion" CD. It's not bad (although I prefer reading this type of work, over hearing it read to me - but that's just me). I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but what I've heard is good. The CD features Jerry Nelson, John Lithgow, Whoopie Goldberg, and Cheryl Henson reading the words from the book.

The CD is nice (if you like "books on tape"), but I think it would have been a lot cooler if they really worked the CD to be a more independent (yet related) product. With real audio clips of the characters, actual audio clips from interviews, audio of Jim himself, some moving Muppet music, audio clips from productions and shows, and more. Instead I have Jerry, John, and Whoopie reading quotes - which is nice - but it would be cooler to actually hear Jim, Kermit, Ray Charles, Frank Oz, Cantus, and all the others saying (and singing) these type of things. But for an audio book it is very well done (I've heard audo books that were a lot worse) - again, just as a fan, I'll always want more.

If you want to hear 2 sample clips from the audio CD you can. Hyperion Books has posted two extended audio clips from the CD. You can get to them at this link: http://www.hyperionbooks.com/titlepage.asp?ISBN=1401302424 (click the link for "Audio Reading" towards the top on the right, and for the second clip, click the link right under the cover picture) The clips require in RealPlayer.

I suggest you all get this book, it's an easy read, you'll enjoy it, and maybe you'll learn something. It's not easy being green, and it's also not easy to not love this book.:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
how can you have the cd. According to amazon, it has not been released.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
BEAR said:
how can you have the cd. According to amazon, it has not been released.
It came out on the 14th. I don't know why Amazon does not have it up for regualr sale yet. I picked a copy up at my local Barns & Nobles earlier today (along with the book). It's out, it was released on September 14th (even Amazon says that).

Gonzoid247

Reaction score
I think I need to get this book. I need something very uplifting in my life right now.

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
I was able to pick up the book at Wal-Mart the other day for around 13 dollars. I was just waiting for my mom to send it to me but I couldn't pass it up at that price. I've not had a chance to really read it yet. I flipped through but didnt want to sit down and finish it all the night I bought it... I'm impressed with what I have looked at. And there is just something about opening up to the back flap and seeing that picture of Jim that just makes me smile. Anyone else have this experience?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I bought mine at the MTR in Los Angeles and got it signed by Brian, Heather, and Lisa Hensons. They're all such nice people, too.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Nothin' like bumping an old thread.

I recently picked up the CD version of this book at a used book sale but it doesn't have the cover artwork. Anybody have any idea where I can get a copy of the CD art?

Thanks

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Nothin' like bumping an old thread.

I recently picked up the CD version of this book at a used book sale but it doesn't have the cover artwork. Anybody have any idea where I can get a copy of the CD art?

Thanks
There's actually not any difference between the CD cover art and that of the book cover. The same picture of Kermit and the same title is used.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It is still my one of my favorite books. I love the CD with Jerry Nelson reading on it