NECA's Ultimate Muppet Action Figures

rowlfy662

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
983
Reaction score
379
The Baby Animal shown definitely looks like an earlier paint master compared to one shown at D23 ( i can't imagine them removing articulation) but i actually prefer the paint job here, the eyes look better here than they did at D23 if I'm honest. The paint job on the regular Muppet Show Gonzo also looks more accurate. I felt they were going a bit too blue on the nose & it was giving wave 2 Palisades Gonzo vibes whereas here it looks closer to the puppet which is great. I'd just wish they'd show Piggy's alternate head, then again its day 1 of NYCC there's still time.
 

MWoO

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
1,797
Reaction score
1,821
Gonzo definitely had work done. The proportions are better and the coloring. TBH, I think this Gonzo looks like a better rep of TMS Gonzo than Palisades, and Palisades is fantastic.

Baby Animal is definitely different. I hope the eyes and coloring are what they go with. Piggy may have been repainted in lighter colors as well.

Also, MCC Kermit looks to have better eye focus.

Seems Disney is being rather particular with their approval which is probably why Gonzo has no pics up with his preorder page yet.
 

Blue Frackle

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2015
Messages
2,018
Reaction score
1,614
The Baby Animal shown definitely looks like an earlier paint master compared to one shown at D23 ( i can't imagine them removing articulation) but i actually prefer the paint job here, the eyes look better here than they did at D23 if I'm honest. The paint job on the regular Muppet Show Gonzo also looks more accurate. I felt they were going a bit too blue on the nose & it was giving wave 2 Palisades Gonzo vibes whereas here it looks closer to the puppet which is great. I'd just wish they'd show Piggy's alternate head, then again its day 1 of NYCC there's still time.
NECA is really inconsistent with what they show. They've displayed a Blue Bird season 1 head (which isn't included with the figure) as well as Bert's "Boring Stories" book in place of the book he's supposed to have.

On display is also an Ernie figure that looks way better than the one released.
 

MWoO

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
1,797
Reaction score
1,821
Honestly, the final sculpt and paint on Gonzo look fantastic. The interchangeable eyes and heads are perfect for such an expressive character and the new paint on the nose is spot on. The proportions look to be adjusted as well.

I think the Palisades Gonzo is great, but the NECA version is a serious upgrade and looks more accurate to The Muppet Show. I can't wait until it's released.
 

rowlfy662

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
983
Reaction score
379
Wow he looks really good all posed up. The picture on their website of him holding the bugle looking at Camilla really captures him. Hopefully that means it won’t be long till we see official pics & a pre order page for Piggy aswell
 

Rtec1

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2016
Messages
87
Reaction score
87
Watched a walkthrough just now where whoever the guy from Neca was said they’re not sure how these muppet babies will be released yet, multi pack or blind boxes. I’ll be fuming if they go the blind box route!!
 

MuppS0N

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2025
Messages
82
Reaction score
83
Watched a walkthrough just now where whoever the guy from Neca was said they’re not sure how these muppet babies will be released yet, multi pack or blind boxes. I’ll be fuming if they go the blind box route!!
If they are gonna pack them in blind boxes, then I'm going to be really disappointed :cry:
 
Top