Muppets Revisited

James Denny

Reaction score
Hi gang,

Muppets Revisited, the album announced at D23 has a release date of Feb 16th 2010. Nice to have something Muppety for Feb, though release date may of course change,

Jamie

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
Hi gang,

Muppets Revisited, the album announced at D23 has a release date of Feb 16th 2010. Nice to have something Muppety for Feb, though release date may of course change,

Jamie
So will all of the old songs be on it?

dwmckim

Reaction score
This is an album of popular artists doing Muppet cover versions. You won't find "all the old songs" (that wouldn't happen unless you had a pretty massive box set!) but there will be lots of old classics like Bein Green, Rainbow Connection (done by Weezer), Mahna Mahna, Halfway Down the Stairs and even Our World from Emmet Otter!

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I was hoping they were going to be the original gatefold albums of the 70's and 80's what a shame.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't really like the idea of a "Muppet" album being just celebrities singing original Muppet songs. Others might, but the concept sounds odd, especially with Muppet in the title.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well, what would you call a Muppet tribute album without using Muppet in the title? "A Celebration of Roy Orbison"?

I can understand some level of disappointment in hearing about a new album called "Muppets Revisited" and later finding out it's a covers album (esp if you're not someone into cover albums). But really it's a huge honor anytime an artist gets a tribute album made up of other famous artists covering their songs. Plus it's fun to hear other people's takes on the songs and also introduces fans of each band to the Muppets. It's a tribute, not a rip-off. The Muppets join that exalted caliber of artists that include Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys and Cole Porter.

rowlf

Reaction score
Whatever happened to this release?

Dearth

Reaction score
Yeah, I just heard about it last week... was looking forward to the OK GO cover of the TMS theme.

Dearth

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
So, I'm lost.
Is this album still happening, or is it all just a pipe-dream at this point?