Muppets on NBC's America's Got Talent 8/21

Teheheman

Reaction score
The thing about America's Got Talent is the simple fact that there are a lot of different acts, but apparently America likes singing. 8 out of the top 10 were singing acts. Even the top 4 were all singing acts(Yes, I include Terry Fator as a singing act because that's what he does with his puppets) I enjoyed the Kermit and Terry performance. I think that was great how the Swedish Chef, Beaker and Animal were the judges. I also kind of enjoyed Ms Piggy's message. My mom was telling me that they were setting him up to win because they did more with him than others, but personally, I think they didn't set him up to win, I think that you have to do more with the Muppets other than just a cheesy Kermit duet and Piggy message ya know? I love the "Back up chicks" that Kermit brought out, but what would've been better is if Waldorf and Statler were in the balcony before the commercial saying something. THAT would've been the icing on the cake, but then again, I'm asking too much aren't I?

Daniel

Java

Reaction score
I loved Kermit telling Terry to just smile and nod at Beaker's comments!

BEAR

Reaction score
Yes, the whole idea behind last night's show was that the contestants would perform with a professional in their particular area of talent. What other name would there be than Kermit and the Muppets. Though since his talent was not just puppetry but rather ventriloquism, I wonder if Shari Lewis would have been an option had she still been alive.

spcglider

Reaction score
How about Jay Johnson? He's probably the highest profile ventriloquist I can name.

But hey, still nice to see a PUPPETEER declared "America's favorite act"!

-G

MWoO

Reaction score
What were some of the other stars that the other acts performed with?

kbug67

Reaction score
The muppets sounded pretty good on the show.

Expesially Piggy, i think that the voice is getting closer and closer to the original piggy each apperence she's in

It looks like they've been practing a bit

Great Apperence! Hope more is on the way