Muppets Haunted Mansion special coming to Disney+ on Friday October 8, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Ooo! That will be interesting! I'm glad Disneyland reopened last week.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
That was hilarious!!!!! Every time Gonzo said ‘Disney’s Haunted Mansion’ you’d see lightning and hear thunder, but :rolleyes: tries to do it, but he fails, LOL:fishy::fishy::fishy::fishy::fishy::fishy::fishy::zany::zany::zany::zany::batty::batty::batty::batty::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I thought this was a belated April Fools post at first. Knowing it’s not is awesome! I love the Disney Parks, I love the Muppets, I’m a Disney+ subscriber, I have a good feeling about this.

At least, as long as Eddie Murphy isn’t involved...

Edit: I see a moderator liked my post. This is probably my biggest accomplishment on the forum so far.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I thought this was a belated April Fools post at first. Knowing it’s not is awesome! I love the Disney Parks, I love the Muppets, I’m a Disney+ subscriber, I have a good feeling about this.

At least, as long as Eddie Murphy isn’t involved...
Disney tries to forget about that film as much as possible, so I doubt he’s going to be involved.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Disney tries to forget about that film as much as possible, so I doubt he’s going to be involved.
What do you mean Disney tries to forget about that movie? It keeps airing every year as part of the 31 Nights of Halloween on Freeform. Then again, it's more to do with Eddie Murphy's involvement in the film than the film itself as it does reference the attraction and its backstory (at least one of them) quite well.

Thankfully, we'll have this special to replace it in coming years. :smile:

datman24

Reaction score
Well, this is certainly an interesting concept. It’s too early judge just how this might be, but all I can hope is that it will give me laughs, something the Muppets have not been doing much of lately.

jobi71

Reaction score
I am cautiously optimistic about this project. The Muppets do well in holiday based stories. I think Gonzo is a good choice as the lead. It is true that he likes odd and unusual things, but he was scared with Fozzie in Vincent Price's haunted house sketch. He was also very interested in selling his soul to Alice Cooper. Perhaps it will be the ghosts that will be scared of him.

The announcement mentioned familiar muppets and guest stars, so I am sure Kermit and Miss Piggy etc will be featured in some way. I do hope Deadly gets a chance to shine. He's a good choice to serve as a narrator type character if that is needed. I also hope there is a place for some of the various frackles and monsters and creatures. The viewer's don't have to know Droop's character history to understand he's a weird little character (and probably a bit depressed).

Speaking of the guest stars since it is a special and not film length I would rather there be one or two guests. Let them have a decent character and interactions with the muppets. I am sure the guest stars will have some Disney connection, but Disney owns Marvel so maybe we could have guests like Kathryn Hahn. Or Mark Hamill returns. Hmm. It is a Halloween special, so perhaps Kathryn Hahn in a Luke Skywalker costume?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So the plot is about Gonzo being challenged to spend the night at the Haunted Mansion. I'm glad this is Gonzo-centric because I'm still not really the biggest fan of Vogel's Kermit. My only worry is that this will focus too much on promoting the parks over a good story. But, either than that, it looks like this could be a really fun special.
I know what you mean. It seems like they're doing the same thing as when Steve started as :smile:, giving Gonzo more of the spotlight and limiting :smile: to background roles just until we get used to the new voice. Just my theory there. (MFS was one of the biggest examples there of that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.