Muppets Haunted Mansion special coming to Disney+ on Friday October 8, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It's like ever since the ABC show flopped, Disney isn't even trying to have the Muppets reach wider audiences anymore.
Look at it this way: You have HBO, but a lot of people can't afford it. So you have an advantage that some people don't have. It's the same thing with Disney+. I'm sure someone here will be kind enough to give you a Google Drive of the whole special so you can see it. There's also a chance that this could be released on DVD.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I know what you mean. It seems like they're doing the same thing as when Steve started as :smile:, giving Gonzo more of the spotlight and limiting :smile: to background roles just until we get used to the new voice. Just my theory there. (MFS was one of the biggest examples there of that.)
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. Crazy how Dave Goelz has been around for both Kermit recasts too. He really doesn't get enough credit for all his hard work, I can't even imagine someone else voicing Gonzo. And, unfortunately, we can't see more of the Gonzo-Rizzo pairing this time around since Steve is gone. Gonzo and Pepe is a weird matchup but still rather funny.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Rizzo isn't coming back for a while due to Bill feeling guilty for recasting Steve's baby and Peter has confirmed he's NOT and I repeat NOT taking on the character.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Rizzo isn't coming back for a while due to Bill feeling guilty for recasting Steve's baby and Peter has confirmed he's NOT and I repeat NOT taking on the character.
You mean Bill Baretta? Did he have something to do with Kermit's recasting. 'Splain, Lucy.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
You mean Bill Baretta? Did he have something to do with Kermit's recasting. 'Splain, Lucy.
Bill is the puppet captain of the Muppets and he had nothing to do with Kermit's recasting. Most likely Steve's other characters then Kermit.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I'm honestly really excited about this. Even if everything is coming from streaming right now I will say this...

Disney's CEO change definitely did the muppets a lot of good. Let's face it, Bob Iger's main concern was Star Wars during most of his time and it didn't really care to much when it came to Muppets. There are a number of things that have happened in the past year that Iger would have more than likely just turned down or ditched. I honestly see good things happening moving forawrd

datman24

Reaction score
I'm honestly really excited about this. Even if everything is coming from streaming right now I will say this...

Disney's CEO change definitely did the muppets a lot of good. Let's face it, Bob Iger's main concern was Star Wars during most of his time and it didn't really care to much when it came to Muppets. There are a number of things that have happened in the past year that Iger would have more than likely just turned down or ditched. I honestly see good things happening moving forawrd
I don't think the new CEO had anything to do this. If anything, he seems to care as much about the Muppets as his predecessor did, which is very little.

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
I really hope Rizzo isn't left behind like so many others. They've used him as recent as last year so I guess that's a "good" sign.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So apparently Disney leaked a few photos today of Gonzo and Pepe and then Kermit and Piggy in their costumes when visiting the charming spot, The Gracey Manor. The pics have been posted on toughpigs so you can check them out there.
:scary:

Still no news on when the special will air hexactly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.