Muppets go adult

BEAR

Reaction score
Okay, there are 2 different types of adult humor: smart/sophisticated and raunchy. Jim Henson stood for the smart/sophisticated brand of "adult humor" and that is what the Muppet Show always was. They never used profanity or stooped to raunchy and sexually explicit material. They were an entertainment that was to be appreciated by everyone and anyone at the same time. That is why they were so popular because they could entertain such a wide audience. As Frank Oz said of Jerry Juhl's writing, there was never any filth. That is what made the Muppets so wonderful under Jim's reign. They had class. I don't believe Jim Henson ever intended to have his characters be dirty in the way Brian Henson has done.

Kiki

Reaction score
Oooh... Muppets go adult!! :flirt: :big_grin: I guess it would be a bit of a laugh. Stricly for adults?? Whatever!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Okay, there are 2 different types of adult humor: smart/sophisticated and raunchy. Jim Henson stood for the smart/sophisticated brand of "adult humor"...

As Frank Oz said of Jerry Juhl's writing, there was never any filth....
First off, I agree, I don't like the thought of the Henson name being attached to dirt, however...

I dissagree with what you said there. Jim, Frank, and Jerry were all involved with: The Land of Gorch.

Every episode dripped in inuendo, moss, and general raunchy-ness. There was drug-smoking...adultery...dancing that was less than uplifting...drunkenness...And a marital aid, that, actually was an extra-marital aid which was a small box with lights and fuzzy bits...

Frankly, Jim started out with adult humour before he went on to toneddown action with the Muppets...maybe Brian will do the same?

BEAR

Reaction score
I think this may be where I draw the line and say I don't consider this Muppets and will not ever. Yeah...I said it. Doesn't mean I would never consider seeing this, as long as I know that it has nothing to do with the name JIM Henson and The Muppet brand.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, technically speaking, it's very much Jim Henson company, but not Muppets... weird saying that, but I don't know if the Jim Henson Company can really call this "The Muppets", can they? Seein' as how Disney kinda owns that name now...

fluffmuppet said:
Honestly I will watch anything Muppet!! I say bring it on! :big_grin:
AMEN!!!